39 members have voted

1. 1. Which model should I make?

• Eva-00
    • Eva-01
    • Eva-02
    • Eva-03
    • Eva-04
    • Human character (tell me which one)
    • Eva\'s 5-13 (Production types in the movie)

Okay, ive seen a few requests for this, so im gunna start this thread to get some opinions of what to do

I wanna make an Evangelion model (either the mecha or a human character), ive made a poll at the top of the thread, vote on the options and make some comments.

Eva was voted many times in japan as the best anime series ever created, and i agree, so why not make a model for it? :)

I beg to differ very much, Evangelion IS one of the best series eva. the story was deep and captavating, Gundam and Robotech are of course other great series that are classics. but evangelion is very much up there in my opinion. I SAY UNIT 1 BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! my prayers are finally going to be answered :):):):) and plus witht he two movies being released this is just perfect!!!!!!!!!!:) go for unit 1, he kicks major A$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ :)

i admit that the evas may be a bit out of place in jk2 (since they are supposed to be really huge), but you could change the lightsaber to a Lance of Longinus, to make it fit into the game, or even a larger version of the progressive knife

and to Kn1ves, Eva IS the best anime out there, case closed.

It has more depth than most american series or hollywood movies, that also means about 5 times the depth of any other anime. Not that i think all other anime is crap, i love the genre...but ive only seen a few.

I grew up on robotech back in the eighties, and recently ive had a revival....ive also seen Akira (which is excellent) and BGC:Tokyo2040 (which im making a model from)

Also, Eva's are NOT robots, contrary to popular opinion. If ya wanna get technical, they are gods :) Lets see what you have to say about that! :)

PS,

Shinji's Eva is Unit-01 (purple)

Rei's is Unit-00 (orange, then blue)

Asuka's is Unit-02 (Red)

Toji's is unit-03 (Black, i think, or dark purple/red)

Unit-04 exploded, but is silver apparently

The productions eva's are White with big angelic wings

I'll post some pictures on my website and give u the url soon

okay, this thread has slipped onto the 3rd page, so i'll just let you know about a few things...

My Bubblegum Crisis model will probably be completed alongside this evangelion model. So thats good news to all you guys who wanted me to finish it (all three of you)

Also, i still want more suggestions on which model to make, so far ive had ppl wanting Unit-01 and Unit-05, as well as Unit-03/Unit-04...and one guy asked for a Rei model :)

Whichever character/eva gets the most response will be made first (hear that? i'll probably make more :) )

Hey! Im new to JKII, But i was a big modder in the Swat3 community. I was working on an Eva Model for swat 3 but due to their poly count restrictions i abandoned the idea of making a model for swat. Now that i find Jediknight will be able to support it i can apply my mesh and make a model. I only have the upper half completed. It is the Eva-O prototype. If anyone wants screenshots or would like to colaborate on this with me that would be cool. I havent made a model for JK yet but hope to , and when that time comes, I'm not sure if i know exactly how to do it. Somebody please contact me and let me know if i can help.

my aol and msn names are thedour

email newky@canada.com

okey dokey, well if you could post some screenshots to see what youve done, that'd be cool

not many ppl have asked for Unit-00, so if you want to continue on that, i'll do unit-01 and unit-02 :)

i think the human models will come after the 'mecha', (it easier to weight, because metal is rigid) and i still have reservations over the hair issue (if you dont know what i'm talkin about, i just dont like the 'stiffness' of the hair, it doesnt fit anime very well)

But, Unit-01 seems to be top of the list so far, with Unit-02 close second

But Mecha animes are sooooooooOOOOOOOoooooooooooooOOOOOOOoooooooo corny! Even the most innovative one, Escaflowne, had the sentence "We added these just to sell to little kiddies" written all over the Guymelefs ("Armours" (Quit the charade, it's a Mecha :| )).

Anyhow

Make a Vash The Stampede model, Trigun is just THE best anime series ever :D

Personally, I like Eva much better than Gundam or any of the others, but you can't compare them, they're really two different beasts entirely, so to the guy who said Eva sucked, I have two words for you: Your opinion. :p

My opinion is the other way around. :)

But to the point, I'd vote for Rei first as a model. If you're going to do an Eva, only Unit-05 would interest me, since it looks so...beastly. But I honestly don't believe I'd use it, so don't consider it a vote. Rei I might use, if it were extremely well done...(Read not just a Jan skin with normal non-anime eyes or what have you, but a real Anime looking Rei MODEL).

So there's my vote. :D

Oh, and for the record, I agree with the guy who said the bit about maybe this model not being exactly suited to Jedi, I pointed out in another thread long ago that Ryoko from Tenchi Muyo would be the ideal Anime model to add into JK2. I mean, she has her own saber, and needs no hilt. I'm honestly surprised no one has done her yet, she's perfect for JK2. Same for Nagi, and even Tenchi with Tenchi-ken (his sword). Or Yosho. Need I say more? :)

Idaho

Heck, even Kenshin would be great! That would be nifty, whether he had a lightsaber or sword.

I still throw in my vote for Ayanami Rei, and, as a secondary option, the production Eva's.

Glad to hear about Unit 00, Freeto. I kind of like the looks of it anyways. :)

I'm not going to vote on this one, since I don't particularly care for the style of the Evangelion units (MASSIVELY long/thin midsection), looks a little weird (never seen the show). I personally am always up for mecha-based Anima, just cause I think mecha are cool :) For those that are really into the Anime thing, do they intentionally name some of the shows completely ridiculous things that remind one of songs by Japanese pop singers on purpose? IE, Cowboy Bepop, Bubblegum Crisis. Some Japanese pop music consists entirely of random words that are easily associated with American culture, and thats what some of these Anime titles remind me of. Anywho, for those that like Evangelion, hope this turns out well :) Maybe I'll check out the show someday.

Have any of you guys watched a series called Berserk? I think a model of Gatsu with that BIGASS sword of his would be super cool to play with in JK2. But ya EVA is a hell of a great series too, my vote goes to Rei's Unit-00, only cause i think Rei is cute. :)

okay, despite a few people asking for a rei model, my first model will be an Eva, and i think i'm going to do Unit-01

i just need to get some nice reference pictures together before i start, if anyone can help me with this, it would be greatly appreciated

hell yeah, I've been begging Joe "KETO" to make Gattz, that series was THE best, him and his HUGE ass sword, in the beggining it seemed a little borring but it got sooo good towards the end, damn, that was the best series, have you read the manga ? it actually continues more into the story then the show, it has a "real" ending to it, I'm getting the DVDs one by one, only the first two are out, they kickass

and if you want pictures of Evangelion (whatever one it is, I can send them all), drop me a line on AIM (PM me and I'll tell you my screen name)

Hey regarding the models, Basically the bodies are the same on all the characters right.... I mean Unit-0 has the big shoulder things but other than that we can make all the models from a base mesh. We can alternate heads and add or remove the big shoulders... Anyways I'll get those shots up soon. But think about that base model idea... depending on how far you all are.. It might be a good boost to start with some ready to use mesh.

Archived