Home

eh, stupid question: how do i make an areportal?

pakmannen

You know, i had the same prob with missing some system textures. Try this...

Go to C:\Program Files\Lucasarts\Jedi Knight 2 Jedi Outcast\...etc... For some reason the installation dumps a pk3 in the base folder there. (even though i didn't install the game there).

Go there and copy and extract that pk3 to you actual outcast dir.

That worked for me:)

Mmm yes, areaportal is mentioned in my func_door tutorial. Perhaps I should clarify its use somewhere later though... I think I made it a bit too all-encompassing.

In any case, it should indeed be system/areaportal

If you don't see it, try unzipping mapextras.pk3 to base/. Sometimes that clears up the problem.

whops, forgot to say that i already solved the problem, i just checked system one more time, and there it was, don't know how i could have missed that big yellow thing! :D

and i actually managed to get it to work on the first compile! haha! congratulate me!

I think you can use an area portal anywhere.

A leaf-node can be taken interchangeably to mean one of two things. A concave region of space inside the BSP hull or a polygon (face). Think of the entire inside of the level being split up into little concave (from an internal perspective) cubes and you'll somewhat grasp the idea of what a leaf-node would look like, if you could indeed see it. Portal, refers to the point that two leaf-nodes intersect (where you pass from one to the other).

Archived