Home

HELP ME PLZ! How can I replace Kyle in SP by MP skins/models?

fernandotabet

It's in the skinning forum, it WILL help you. I replaced all the stormtroopers with battle droids, replaced Kyle with anakin, Obiwan, Quigon, etc. I havent been able to change jan into padme, but I got her to turn into Leia and I turned Desann into Darth Tyranus and Darth VAder too. It's awesome!!!!!!!!!!!

i'll tell you how i do it...

in the gamedata folder make a new folder and call it what you want the mod to be called. then in the make a .txt file and put the same name in that so it shows up when you select the mod in the game. next copy the pk3 file(s) of the character(s) that you want in the single player game, to this folder. then open this folder with pakscape or winrar etc. and open models/players in the pk3 and get to where the "name of character" folder. cahnge the name of this folder to the name of the character in the game that you want this person to be. you can find the correct names of all the characters in the gamedata/base/assets0 pk3 under models/players. now that pk3 is is edited it should work how you want it to.

this method i have exlplain can be buggy at sometimes, people always say to edit these other files too, but for all the pk3's i've used.. my methos has worked. let me know if you need anymore help or if i havent been clear on something.

If you just want to replace kyle with a MP skin then all you do is;

(For example I will use Anakin)

extract the anakin skin, open the 'models' folder then 'players' folder and rename the 'Anakin' folder to 'Kyle' then open this and go into the modeldefault.skin file, then rename all the 'anakin' directories to

'kyle'

i.e

hips,models/players/Anakin/boots_hips.tga

to

hips,models/players/kyle/boots_hips.tga

go back to the 'models' folder and zipped it up into a pk3 file

put this into the gamedata/base folder and start a new game

Kyle will now be replaced

Archived