Home

Saber length

CommieX

I made a yoda npc for SP, and I sized him correctly in the npcs.cfg file, but I can't figure out how to change the size of his saber. I probably could have found my answer if the search function wasnt disabled on these forums (why is that, by the way?). Anyone know how?

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, I didn't really scale the saber, but it has the right size.(Atention, It replaces the yellow saber!!!) Open the file "assets0.pk3" file in "...\GameData\base" with "Win Zip"(or any other unpacking programme), go to the subdirectory

"gfx\effects\sabers" (not necessary with Win Zip)and extract the files "yellow_glow2.jpg", "yellow_line.jpg",

"green_line.jpg", "blurglow.jpg"and "blurcore.jpg". Open "green_line.jpg" mark (is it the right word? I'm german,

you know?) Well do anything so that you can change the size and halfsize (well, it should perhaps be a bit more

than half the size) the hight (not the width) copy the marked (or whatever the right word is) part, open "yellow_line.jpg"

paint everything black, paste, and pull the halfsized green line to the lower edge of the picture, then save (as

yellow_line.jpg). Next open "yellow_glow2.jpg", "blurcore.jpg" and "blurglow.jpg" and paint them all completly black

and save. Then create a new folder called "gfx" (location doesn't matter) in this create a subfolder called "effects"

and in this one again create a subfolder called sabers. (thats how it should look: "...\gfx\effects\sabres")

Then put all five *.jpg files you've just edited in the "sabers" folder. Go up to the "gfx" folder, right-click on it and

click "Add to Zip". As the file name type in "<anyname>.pk3" (for example "yodasaber.pk3") and click on "Ok".

put the file into "...\GameData\base" and change yoda's sabercolor in "npcs.cfg" to yellow.

That was it, enjoy!

Originally posted by -Chrono_MOT-

how about that, turns out you still CAN'T without editing something else. So, now anyone that uses a yellow saber has a short green one instead. Imagine that!

mmm...that is all to often the way of things when trying to edit sp in this game.

But wait...i'm not farmiliar with this part of the game...when you do

what Vekk said does it just change the graphics or actualy

shorten the saber? Will they guy actualy have a small saber or

will the last foot or so of it just be invisable?

Archived