Home

New skin..help?

bleek

I have yet to figure out how to make my own icons. I took a pic ingame of the skin..and tried to size it to the regular icons...but when I tried to pick it in the game..I got some size error. How can I get an icon to work?

hehe....I did what you said. I put the icon into paint and then took a screenshot of my skin in ModView. Then I put it in paint and sized it up..exactly! Then I went into the game and there was a blank space where the icon should be.

I got this error: refusing to load non-power-2-dims(863,656)pic.

How do I get it to work properly....?

Seems like a file creation error. See when you paste a large image in mspaint then use those resize handles (if you want to call them that) it doesn't seem like it made it a new size, but hid the rest of the image. I would use the handles to crop the area you want like you already did then select all (should select just that area). Cut or copy, really doesn't matter. Then file new. Instead of pasting it immeadiately in there. Take the resize handles and pull them close to the top left corner of the canvas. Why? because when you paste you want mspaint to warn you that the "image being pasted is too large for the canvas, do you want to adjust the canvas to fit" YES! Now try saving it. Just make sure the image size is 256 by 256. Both of those numbers can evenly be devided by 2. That's what that error means.

This seems like an aweful amount of work for an icon, but it your stuck with only mspaint at your disposal your going to have to do just that...more work.

Here's what you do. Open icon_default_whatever in photoshop. Kman bees right. MSpaint is crap. Open aother image thats going to be you reference image.(The one you want your icon to be). Drag the rectangular selection tool over this one and copy.

Paste it into icon_default_whatever. You may need to hit Ctrl+T to transform and make it fit. Hit enter to accept. You'll probably(you will) have to merge these 2 layers(CTRL+SHIFT+E). voila! Like the other dude said make sure its 256x256 size. Make sure its still a jpeg. Save to overwrite the exhisting icon_default_whatever. Should work providing i didnt leave any steps out.

Archived