Home

Who has Dreamcast's Jedi Power Battles or x-box's obi 1? (for sounds)

Grafox

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have Jedi Power Battles for DC, haven't played it much and Ki-Adi isn't selctable at the start so i don't know what kind of sounds he makes. I had a look on the cd and the sound fx files are in .KAT format which i obviously cannot open, a quick search on google brought up nothing. So if anyone knows how to open or convert those files let me know and i'll try again.

There are no working DC emulators for PC, i know a fair bit about ripping DC games and have already checked out every tool available. I can listen to the music and watch the movies on the cd but theres nothing with Ki-Adi in it. I'm fairly positive his only sounds are in the Ki-Adi.KAT file, which is pretty small so if someone else wants to take a look at it let me know and i'll send.

Well unfortunetly i don't know too much about Xbox games, have you tried putting the Obi Wan cd in you PC's cdrom drive Andwa? Can it read the files on the cd? if so have a look at all the files and see if you can find any of them that look like it might contain Ki-Adi's sounds, thats about all i can suggest.

i have obi wan for x-box and he makes sounds, but i dont know how to record the voice on my computer

Put the cable in the x-box audio outpout, then you put the other end in the line-in of the sound card and record with cool edit or some other audio software.

unless there's a protect on the outpouts?? i know they crypted the harddrive so we cant mess around with it...

I dont have an x-box, my friend's working right now so i cant test it..:(

thanx for trying guys.

Originally posted by Epic

I have K as a selectable character on DC.. I'd be honored to help with what I can, but can someone tell me what to do?

As always,

-Epic-

:vadar:

hehe i tried to finish the damn training so i could get Ki-Adi but holy hell that sh!t is hard! i couldn't even get past the 3rd training level, guess i just suck at jumping puzzles. :p

As for what you should do i'm not sure, the Dreamcast doesn't seem to have an audio output feature like the Xbox. Do you have a video in/out card? not sure it would work even if you did but thats all i can think of, maybe someone who knows better can tell you what to do.

Nope.. I don't have one of those.. at least not to my knowledge.. I could try asking nicely for the DC game to give me the files but that'll end up with something getting broken.....

BTW, I thought the comment "Holy hell" was ironicly... very funny..

-Epic-

:vadar:

Archived