Home

WIP: Single Player Yoda

Araegon

Well, as most of you know, i've spent a very long time trying to do two things with the Yoda Teams yoda model.

1) Be able to spawn yoda in a SP game w/o erasing any NPC's

2) Be able to play AS yoda in an SP game

well, i have seccessfully done one of these (#1) except for one small problem, the scaling.

everytime i've scaled him, hes always thin as heck, but his legnth and height are both good.

so, i'm currently working on the scaling right now, and if anyone knows the exact scales that he should be (mainly his with), please post them here so that i can get the spawning model out ASAP.

Also, with spawning the model, there are NO saber conflicts. NONE AT ALL. model works PERFECTLY (as far as i can tell) with the lightsaber.

I still am working on making you able to play as yoda, but that will take a bit longer.

well, i have the NPC version compleatly done now.

well, i'm going to go and see if i can possibly enable us to play AS yoda, though i doubt it will work.

if you want to download the NPC version

right click on the link and choose SAVE TARGET AS

SP Yoda NPC

NOTE: if you have any other NPC's added, yoda may not work, or yoda may be the only one that works. I have configured the mod to work with the other NPCs that i have on my computer, which is just the UltimateMod v3 now. so, all 6 of the NPCs from that will work with my mod.

if you have a SP model you have downloaded and want to use it and yoda, tell me the name and where you got it, or give me the actual NPC code either through e-mail or on a reply, and i'll ad it in.

Well, as of right now, i havn't gotten my kyle2yoda mod to work in game yet. But it does work in the cutscenes, which i do admit are really funny with yoda, considering you cant see him half the time.

newayz, i've been able to play as yoda in the game, but he's human size. I've already tried many different things to get this to work, but i've had no luck yet.

but i'm not givin up yet! ;)

You've been doing this a long time? I had a SP Luke 2 Yoda mod out as soon as they released him. I even had a Yoda NPC mod but I didn't want to make it public because there was no point to it yet.

Heh...you did nothing special...

Getting the Yoda to scale as the player character is going to take a hardcoded mod, so unless you have the source code you ain't getting it done. Sorry.

Don't stop trying though.

chrono: yeah, i know i didn't do anything special, but theres so many people going around asking everyone how to do it cause there lazy and dont want to do it themsleves, so i just made this one.

and i'm not going to stop trying to get yoda to scale in SP, it'll just take me a VERY long time. considering that i've already tried changing model files, cfg files, ext. But i do hope to figure it out some day.

I'll be releasing a new version of this mod adding the Dark Yoda from jkii.net.

so far, i've figured out about 50 things that dont work to scale kyle in SP. but i still got a lot to go, one idea which i'm not sure entirely how to do w/o either destroying the game, or just badly mutilating it. either way, it might work, so i'll eventually try that after i've tried everything else.

as usual, any ideas are welcome as to scaling kyle in SP, and i'll try anything.

Araegon,

For the time being I've given up on trying to scale SP PLAYER models, I've been trying since the release of this game, and if you look through the forums here, you'll see a whole host of others who have been stumped by this same issue.

Thankfully for me, I solved my 'scaling' problem by making all the other characters a bit bigger, which made me able to scale my Anime Yuffie-ninja type character into the game. (Okay, it's not really Yuffie, being she has blue hair, but she's the same age, height, and all by looks).

Easy for me, but you couldn't do the same for Yoda, since scaling the other NPC characters to be that much bigger would make the NPC's unable to walk through doors and such.

THe only thing I've had a problem with in my scaling is a few of the models, particularly the Gungan's, the heads cannot be 'sniped' with the sniper gun, if you shoot the head, it results in a miss, you must aim for the neck instead. A small price to pay to have all the other NPC's running in fear from the little girl with a lightsaber. :D

Good luck though, I'll keep an eye on this thread. I do still hope someone figures out how to scale the SP player character someday, even though I don't really need it anymore.

In the meanwhile, I might just have to download your SP yoda NPC mod, just to go fight Yoda myself. I love the little guy and all, but sometimes I just feel....evil. lol

Idaho

I didn't downlaod the skin, cause I like Kyle the way he is. I wish you could choose who you are from a selection, like in MP. That way, I could be kyle, the Yoda, etc. Anyway, I did downlaod the npc Spawn yoda and I think its great! Thanks alot. :)

Heheh, I keep two personal mods as it is, one is Light Side, where I fight for the rebels, the other is my own Sith character's mod, which lets me fight alongside the Imperials to wipe out those filthy rebel scum.

All well and good, since with both your mods I can now fight Yoda without messing about with the models in my own mods. :)

Thanks for the effort.

Idaho

Originally posted by Araegon

but theres so many people going around asking everyone how to do it cause there lazy and dont want to do it themsleves, so i just made this one.

Just letting you know I'm not lazy, I tried didn't I? =P

Thanks for this though.

i didnt' mean EVERYONE, i just ment the people who kept posting topics saying: "how to i make yoda small in SP!!!!" or something like: "i wanna play as yoda! how how how!" or something like those.

the people who tried, thanks for not being annoying.

Neways, ur all welcome for the mod. and i'm still working on the PA (play as) yoda.

well, i've gone through a lot of possibilities, and have still been unable to scale the player in SP.

i have a couple of ideas left, but it envolves hacking into the actual game itself, which could cause the game to crash very bad, but it might work.

but, hey, i promised to try as hard as i can, and i will.

just wondering if anyone knows if the source code for the SP version of JK2 has been released. i know that the MP code has, but i havn't had any luck with finding out if the SP has.

so, is the source code for SP JK2 released yet? and if so, where can i get it.

Araegon,

Nope, no SP source code, unfortunately. And I can't see the sense in not releasing it, considering they've released the MP code.

But then, I'm no corporate stuffed shirt, and never have been able to understand their illogical way of thinking. I even doubt THEY understand their thinking.

Idaho

Originally posted by Duncan Idaho

Araegon,

Nope, no SP source code, unfortunately. And I can't see the sense in not releasing it, considering they've released the MP code.

But then, I'm no corporate stuffed shirt, and never have been able to understand their illogical way of thinking. I even doubt THEY understand their thinking.

Idaho

that would be because the SP game code is tied between the exe and jk2gamex86.dll. and parts of that code include the Q3 engine code so therefore legally they aren't allowed to release it. That's what I know at least.

Archived