Home

Effects Galore

volrathxp

yeah.

for the blue flame i edited the shader a bit and made a new fire shader.

for the other one: it's a beam firing out and ending in two random effects, a small explosion and/or a bigger trailing explosion with sparks at where the nozzle is supposed to be. :D

is there already a tutorial for effectED?

i still dont have time to try effectED, but basing on your screenshots, there should be a good use for a tutorial written by you, i think the community will like it

i for mine would like to see more custom particle effects in released maps

Originally posted by Drakewl

is there already a tutorial for effectED?

i still dont have time to try effectED, but basing on your screenshots, there should be a good use for a tutorial written by you, i think the community will like it

i for mine would like to see more custom particle effects in released maps

already way ahead of you, i'm working on it, just want to get a little more familiar with it still. :p

Originally posted by idontlikegeorge

so that program can make fx_runner things? i like the blue flame

edit:

the blue flame is also going to be making an appearance as part of the atmosphere in Vortex's CTF Dagobah map. I set it up for him (since he asked) and there's supposed to be a red version as well, but we have been unable to get that one working as of yet. Just thought I'd mention that. :D

I agree that a tutorial would be fine, if only for the simple reason that people would see making effects isn't that hard (well, I have yet to find time to test it).

If you are making maps all alone, there's so much work, that things like trying and teaching yourself the use of new programs may not seem to be worth the (lost) time. But with simple enough tutorial, people would see if it is truly worth the effort.

emon, for poeple who worked with unreal effects or particle editors of custom (freeware) engines, jkos effectED will be a simple task but knowing friends of mine that have mapping ambitions but no deeper knowledge of how things really work technical wise its hard to understand whats going on in appz like effectsED

there is a rule in professional game development to not get delayed in the dev process, but its useful for all kinds of levels from beginner to amateur

"the most unterstandable in your knowledge isn't forced to be the most unterstandable in the knowledge of others"

People often state, that they understood something, if you ask them but in real they only have understood a part of it, this is why writing tutorials is a must

btw, Volrath, nice of you writing a tut :)

k thanks. i was trying to use the emitter model from the doomgiver directory i think. the emitter effect is supposed to be for emitting other effects and shaders. you can attach a model to it, but whenever i do it, it always comes up as a little blinking black box. and all the textures are fine, they are all in the directories they're supposed to be. basically, my tut was gonna consist of like 4 or so effects: particle effects, emitter effects, line effects, and a misc effects using more than one type of effect.

Archived