Home

Dark Helmet Coming!

Midgit Yoda

Dark Helmet is very near completion. I am done modeling him and have sent him to Musashi who is going to weight him. What I will need next is someone to Skin him. Anyone wanting to skin him just post here and let me know. Thanks a lot. Here is a screen (ignore the face since the colors don't show.)

also the new Game Moddz Site is http://gamemoddz.netfirms.com

hmmm thanks for the support guys. None the less, I'm finished modeling him. I've hated modeling him for some reason from the beginning. If no one really cares about him then I guess that he'll just continue to be one of those projects that stays on my hard drive untill 2 years later when I decide that I want to finish it lol. No worries though. Also, about the chinese school girl thing. You try making a face like dark helmet (all the parts the same color) then render it and see what it looks like. I said earlier that the render doesn't do the face justice.

Originally posted by VampireHunterD

You're quite the positive man aren't you Emon?:rolleyes:

Well what do you want me to do? Give him entirely useless comments which won't help him improve his work or do you want me to give constructive criticism so he can improve his work and make it better?

Well what do you want me to do? Give him entirely useless comments which won't help him improve his work or do you want me to give constructive criticism so he can improve his work and make it better?

Well, I would actually rather prefer the silence treatment. There's plenty of other people who've already flamed him about this. Yes he may need to try harder at proportions next time, but that doesn't require the "Chinese school girl with a huge tie" insult to back up the claim. Kman simply told him he needed to check the proportions. You should have done the same. Flaming drives a modeler to success no more than giving him entirely useless comments that won't help him. ;)

thanks for the useless oppinion. Im sure a person who has contributed to this communiy will take heed of a newbie who goes through every thread looking for some person to flame:rolleyes: anyway, great model so far midget

It is NOT an insult. It is my OPINION, don't get mad at me because you don't agree with it.

Spewing out nothing but completely useless compliments is NOT going to make his model better. His proportions are all messed up, he has a skirt, the helmet doesn't look like Dark Helmet's helmet, and it doesn't even look like it fits the JO skelaton. Telling him that it's a great model WON'T help him make it better.

Fu(k You emon. and Fu(k you General_heat.

First off. It fits the skeleton (emon learn to spell). Second of all if you had any brain and comprehension skills at ALL! you would know that I said to ignore his head in the render. It is UVMapped and attached together therfore the same color therefore it doesn't look anything like it there. I'm not bragging by any means but it does resemble his face quite well. That is one of his best attributes in my opinion. Hmm let me dig up an old screen of his face before I changed the colors.

http://gamemoddz.netfirms.com/wip/midgityoda/darkhelmet/images/body004.jpg

Now I honestly think that it is really close to his face. I'm not going to say it's perfect because hell it isn't. And for christs sake, this is my first full length model. Did you somehow not catch that? Anyway Enough of that.

To all of you out there who actually like the model, here is a new screen and YES the kilt is gone. I also worked on the arms and legs a bit.

http://gamemoddz.netfirms.com/wip/midgityoda/darkhelmet/images/helmet001.jpg

Kman you can go ahead and close this thread. I've decided modeling isn't for me. I've got more important things to do. I'm lookin to settle down with a girlfriend and just live a happy life. Plus I am tired of the bickering that I seem to cause when I decide to make something or basically do anything. And I take back anything I said to anyone. no hard feelings and also don't think this is a sympathy act b/c it's not. I just don't like cluttering the forums and I think that it's fair to let the 1 or 2 people that liked helmet to know.

Archived