Home

Custom animations possible!

-Chrono_MOT-

Hey, I just wanted to say (though I'm not ready to share all the details yet) it is entirely possible to give each character their own animation set using the _humanoid.gla - NOW you can't make new animations, or add animations, BUT you can give a character a distinct set of animations using animations.cfg and the gla file. I am working on a mod at the moment that utilizes this, and yes it will be about 10mb but you will see what I mean...when you are spawning an NPC that has his own attack set, and doesn't use the crappy generic jedi attacks AND is fully compatible in MP for other people who have the mod. THAT character and THAT character only will have those attacks. My first mod I'm working on is going to be an NPC Darth Maul with all of his attacks.

Anyone interested in helping with this please let me know ^_^

this will be awesome for SP, but also in MP all the dewds that got used to the generic jedi skills, will get their ass wiped out by some bots or npcs :D

hehe, could this bring us a jumping rodian assassin npc, shooting with his disruptor while doing a salto mortal :)

keep up the good work

Different animations will not work in MP unless the code is modified. Trust me, I tried to get Maw to work with new animations, he works fine in Single Player, but Multiplayer doesn’t allow characters to be linked to specific animations. So unless there is some cheat or something, I haven’t found a way to do this. :(

Although I would love for you to prove me wrong... :)

yea, that's what I was hoping to over come. BUT this was my theory if anyone wants to help build on it.

this is what the gla looks like for player:

models\players\_humanoid\_humanoid.gla + an animation.cfg file

this is what the gla looks like for galak_mech:

models\players\galak_mech\galak_mech.gla + an animation.cfg file

and for an atst:

models\players\atst\atst.gla + an animation.cfg file

SOOOO....

I tried putting the _humanoid.gla into the

models\players\kyle directory, renamed it kyle.gla, and put a custom animation.cfg file in there.

Well, theoretically this should work...but so far it hasn't, because I believe the game is hardcoded to find which is which. HOWEVER, if someone who is saavy in coding wants to find out where this is located in MP, it is ENTIRELY possible for each model to have their own animations, as long as they are placed in their model directory and linked to the _humanoid.gla file.

I don't know how to do this just yet, but I am so sure it's possible I'd be willing to give it a shot if I had a C++ compiler.

What does this mean? Well, if someone wanted to spend enough time on it, you could have mods like JediMod and Style Over Substance, BUT each player could have a custom moveset to choose from!

Player Model: [] [] [] [] [] [] []

Saber: [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] []

Moveset: [] [] [] [] [] [] []

Imagine the possibilities! Not only can you have different saber hilts, different player models AND skins (of which there are many custom ones to be used, as long as someone figures out how to turn off surfaces in MP using console) - but now through some saavy MP coding we are unbelievably close to allowing each person to have their own moveset!

Man, I'm so excited about this...but unfortunately I don't have C++ so I can't do jack...

The model is linked to the animation file, in the same way a model is linked to a skin or texture. It isn’t hard coded, because I can get different animation sets to work fine in Single Player, Multiplayer is programmed to not allow model specific animations however. This is the problem… someone would have to disable this lock, which should be rather easy. But beyond my ability.

Archived