Should Kman be relieved of duty

Lord Ignasius

Should Kman be removed from moderator status  

97 members have voted

1. 1. Should Kman be removed from moderator status

• Yes, he should be removed
    • No, he should not removed
    • He should not be removed but should change his ways

I think he should stay as a moderator because I have nothing against him.

Í would like if he would do some things to keep the forum a bit more clean like:

- periodically clean the "request thread" into a new thread with a list of all requested models and the name of the people requesting them.

- create a thread with all the links to tutorials and tutorial sites that people have posted and update it periodically.

- delete all posts containing "bump" either manually or automatically because they add nothing to threads except for making them enlessly long

Maybe adding a moderator or 2 to this forum can make these things happen.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i have no idea what this is all abaout... all i can say is that i stick to the rules of the forum and i never had any problems with KMan or any other moderator.

but as long as there are always people who just don't act right i can understand that the moderators have to bring order to this place to keep the community alive! and when a moderator makes a mistake (they are just human) talk to them and clear that... no need to kick their a$$

Hmm.

I DO agree that I've seen "some" of the things Kman has said/done to be arbitrary, arrogant and/or discouraging to beginners. These are NOT good things for a moderator to exhibit. (I could search for examples if needed, but I'd rather just put it in the past and move on).

However. . .. .. .

How many of us (those that have criticisms) have offered to help out KMan with the duties? How many of us have made his job easier by REFRAINING from flaming and petty disputes - OR starting useless/lazy threads? How many of us have given him POSITIVE feedback when it's due? (and I know it HAS been) How many of us have put ourselves in the shoes of an administrator?

The fact is, those in leadership usually have to put up with alot more **** than those UNDER leadership.

I remember as a student - I always thought the teachers/leaders/organizers had life SOOO easy; from my point of view - I would have gladly traded places with them.

After my graduation, I returned to the same school and joined the staff team. . . . boy did I find out how wrong I was: the responsibilities of co-ordinators/leaders are SOOO much greater; PLUS you are expected to be a role model for others! Most of my energy ended up being misplaced: worrying about those FEW troublemakers. . . INSTEAD of just enjoying the ones who my leadership easy and followed the rules. I think we'd make it all easier for moderators/leadership in general if we followed the rules. :)

Be thankful that someone has offered their time (volunteered, I suppose) and skills to try to make this forum a more organized place. And if you SEE something you like - TELL them you're pleased about it! (this goes for life in general - EVERYBODY likes a pat on the back).

Our societies have become far too focused on "rights", and too lax on the "responsibilities" that accompany them. Nomad has a good point. We're all human, and all make mistakes. If claims infallibility, then yeah, they have a problem. But whining about it usually just causes defensiveness or annoyance.

Let's let's stop acting like children. Part of growing up is learning to ADAPT to unfavorable circumstances.

IDEAS:

I second Anavel's suggestions concerning the daily/weekly questions about, for example, "which modelling program is the best?". Would it be possible to make stickies of those?

It seems people are too lazy/busy too search through days/weeks of pages past, yet would probably add comments to a thread already started IF THEY COULD ACCESS THAT THREAD EASILY (I know I've subscribed to MANY thread about Gmax troubleshooting, for fear that I'd LOSE track of them otherwise). It would be great to have all similar threads either compiled into one. . .

OR made into create sticky "sub-forums", so that these new threads wouldn't keep popping up by people who only read the newest page of thread titles? (i.e. "Sticky: Modelling: from start to finish", or "Modelling programs: a comparison", or "Troubleshooting GMax filetypes" - . . . *ahem* .. . note ALL of these I could use a hand with ;) )

OR how about stickies with ONLY links to tutorials and utilities (I know polycount has a great thread about this)

i.e.

Editing Central > Modeling > Sticky: Modelling Programs > Milkshape

Editing Central > Modeling > Sticky: Modelling Programs > 3D Studio Max

Editing Central > Modeling > Sticky: Modelling Programs > Gmax

Editing Central > Modelling > Sticky: UVWMapping Tutorials

OR Periodically "cleaning" the request thread is a good idea too. Actually, I wonder if the requests could be summarized on a different page in a different format. Eg:

(alphabetical/chronological request) (# of requests) (WIPs) (reference links)

1. Aayla Secura__________15__________KMan__________http://www.goodaaylapics.com

2. Anakin Ep2____________5__________Kinja, BradFu____http://www.starwars.com

3. Jawa_________________2__________Arco___________http://www.ootini.net

4. Ki-Adi-Mundi___________32_________Anavel

5. Kit Fisto_______________241235_____musashi, funny_dude

etc. . . . etc. . . (or whatever - just something to allow quick reference at a glance, instead of having to sift through tons of pages).

As a newbie modeller, I know there are STILL questions that I have about i.e. .. . different file formats; different import/exprt plugins; the stages of modelling, mapping, skinning, boning, etc. . . . I consider THIS forum my home - but it's hard to find the help I need sometimes.

. . . .my 2 scents . .. .... (grape and fart)

I'm all for the "sticky" threads where links to tutorials for the most commonly used 3d packages, 1 for skinmapping and maybe 1 for Assimilate too since people have posted some good tips here.

But it would be nice if only the moderators can modify thee threads otherwise they get polluted and useless loike the "requests" thread.

Since the search option in this forum doesn't really work that hopefully would get rid of some frequently asked questions and help newcomers on the way faster.

Chrono was workin on those Mods for npc's and posted it in the modelling thread, which in all truth does not relate to modelling,but to general editing. I then posted mine, listed all the models, and skins with the authors names, and provided pictures.

Who the HELL are you to bring me into this? First of all, my NPC thread DID have pictures, and plenty of them. Second, you are studman. You are the one who posted ****loads of fake model threads, then went off the deepend creating 4 or 5 aliases so you could dodge bullets, need I go on? You are the least respected person here and you spend all your time doing nothing but taking credit for other people's work, trying to make a name for yourself in all the wrong ways.

I'm through with that. You can kiss my ass for all I care. As far as I'm concerned, if kman deleting any bull**** you have to say is a bad job, then he's ok with me.

We're all human. Kman is a moderator, he should be allowed to act human, not like a robot. I could care less what he says when he locks a thread. If you don't like it, don't post garbage, simple as that.

And don't start on favoritism bull****, I've had my fair share of threads wrongfully deleted/locked. Get a damn life.

Ignasius - no one is ever going to respect you, get it in your head and maybe you will be able to get on with life!

i agree to Frumpus' suggestions, good points you made there

we should support this to get at least a part of the chaos out of the forum

looking into the mapping forum, you can see how sticky threads work, although there are a bunch of people that don't read them and post answered questions again and again, but i guess we will have to live with it, you'll get used to the situation and bitch about other things in your life :)

Smoka is like a good trained roach evading all actions taken against him, hey this is kind of a compliment, hehe

smashing him, talking about him, banning him and all these offensive actions against him will let more and more smoka-roaches coming out of the godforsaken hole

smoka needs some more weed, a dominant wife and a forum with a lot of bitching bots, then his life will be fulfilled

I'm not voting for KMan to be removed. He has a tough job to sift through a lot of posts and I'm sure it must be difficult sometimes to decide which post to close or remove and which ones stay.

There are a lot of newbies. I happen to be one of them, who sometimes post in the wrong place. I apologize if I have posted in the wrong place. Like the post I linked below. If what I asked was inappropriate, I apologize.

MacD had already released 2 versions of the roger droid and I asked when the next version was to be released. If I shouldn't ask that, I apologize or if I was in the wrong place posting, I apologize again. Like I said, I am new at this. See my thread below.

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthre...&threadid=73428

I was a little hurt though when KMan replied in my thread the following:

Quote:

How about just waiting for the final version like a normal person?

The Man... The Myth... The Legend...

KMan

End of Quote.

Maybe he was under a lot of stress when he replied to my post and that's why he belittled me. I know he is busy, but maybe he can be a little more thoughtful in his replies so as not to offend people.

Thanks for listening.

I fully understand both sides, I for one dont want Kman removed, but his attitude toward people needs to change. I hope he decides to change and allow the modelling forum to be not just a valley of WIP's and allow newbies to learn and help the community grow. I dont understand why they want there WIP's on the top. Most WIP's are full of more spam than the threads Kman has closed. Why do modellers with WIP's want so much limelight for their models. I just dont understand how you cant post anything related to modelling when it says you can post anything and everything related to modelling. So Kman you need to change the rules becuase how do you expect newbies to learn how to grow, if they cant ask for help. Someone's quick reply sheds, light on something the newbie was lost on, so please Let people get help, and not leave the modelling forum to a bunch of fame-hungry Modellers, trying to show off their great models, but to open it up to let those few newbs, who could become the greatest modellers, post so they can discover the truth today!

Thx. Lord Ignasius

All I got to say is if you don't like it go somewhere else. There are probably other forums out there for you to post. I think K-Man has the right to run his forums the way he sees fit. If he doesn't think something belongs here I think he should remove it.

Look guys, I realize that me and Kman have't particularly been friends throughout the growing of this forum, but nonetheless. I can't see him cut down like this. You guys just have to realize how hard it is to be a Moderator on a forum. Untill you have done it you should not speak a bad word torward him. I used to mod forums quite a bit and it isn't easy. It takes up so much of your time that it's pitiful. The thing that makes me the most angry about this thread is the fact that whenever anything goes wrong in the forum Kman automatically gets all the blame for it. That's the way it goes because humans naturally have a way of finding a way to blame everything on someone else. Most of the problem are us. Not Kman. I'll admit sometimes he does piss me off a bit, but that's human nature as well. If people knew how to behave themselves, we wouldn't need Kman as a moderator. But obviously we do. People of authority always get hatred. Take the police for example. Lets say you get pulled over for speeding and get a ticket. After the cop leaves you're always like, "damn fat ass cop" or something like that. When actually if you had followed the rules in the first place, you wouldn't of had the confruntation with the cop. Anyway, that's my spill on this topic. And I think Kman is doing a good job as well. Keep it up Kman.

When someone is making mistakes, especially when they are in a position of authority, someone has to call them on it, or no change can occur. I know KMan didn't set out to do anything wrong, I'm sure he just didn't realize how some things affected others. With the incident that started all of this, I personally didn't care all that much about Kinja's thread staying open while others had been closed. It wasn't a huge problem. The problem I had was the lack of acknowledgement/discussion about it from KMan. Even with the little he's said about it since, I think the situation has improved. I voted differently originally, but if I had the ability to change it, I would go with #3. Most of what I think needs changing is talking about things, including concerns forum users have, as well as decision-making (ie, forming rules). I think this thread will fade away before too long just like mine did, when everything has been said that needs to be said. I have nothing left to say on this topic, though others might. I think if anyone has any other concerns either way regarding KMan or the way he's being treated, it should be said, but otherwise, we should let this thread drop off of Page 1 :)

Kman did nothing wrong in my opinion. They have him as a moderator to CLOSE forums and keep peace. And believe it or not favoritism is a matter of life. Intentional or unintentional. I do it, you do it, he does it, everyone does. NO ONE can help it. I don't understand the people on these forums. Kman is a great Modeler, skinner, and Moderator. He's on like all the time, and he knows how to keep peace pretty well but obviously there are always a few dicks (pardon my language) that screw it up. Give him a break. I'm sure he would appreciate someone just merely PMing him and saying, "you know kman, the fact that you blah blah blahed pisses me off man. If you could, please try not to do that anymore." But most people are all like, "YOU MOTHER ****ER! I WANT YOU OUT OF THIS FORUM! BLAH BLAH!" Lets face it, the fact that there is controversy in a Starwars Game modeling forum makes this whole topic LAME! It's like battle of the nerds (and yes I'll be the first to admit that i am a nerd as well). Just lay off of him. Give him a break. Obviously he has a solid place in this forum and lets face it, we don't. So if you don't like it, leave. It's your decision. No one is making you stay here. If you don't like the way he runs it just leave. That's all i can tell you b/c I think he's handling it well.

Midget, I personally haven't taken any issue with his closing threads. The incident that started this was that he DID NOT close a thread, and specifically stated he was keeping it open because he thinks Kinja's ideas are good. That's one reason I think having this in the open is helpful, because even WITH the explanation out there for people to read, some people still don't bother to find out what actions are being questioned. Please, everone, if you feel the need to add to this thread, read the rest of it first before responding.

Look Bradfu. I don't want to argue with you. I just give up already. Obviously you all are so dead set on getting him gone that you are blind to new opinions. I am not posting here anymore so I would request that you don't even speak of me here anymore. This thread is stupid and I refuse to post in it anymore.

Again, you are not reading the other posts. Most people are not interested in getting rid of him. We're now talking about other solutions. I stated just a couple posts back that I do NOT think KMan should be removed. In just a matter of minutes, you've thrown out 3 ignorant posts (here and another thread). Read what has been said so you can avoid the mistake of accusing someone of something they're not doing.

Personaly I think this poll(thread) is umiliating toward both the moderator and forum users(did you guys stop and think about it for a second? Do we realy needed this crap?). I would like to see it deleted at the instant. It has degenerated, it is confused and is unconstructive in every sense I am aware of...

Archived