Home

Help!!!!

RenegadeOfPhunk

Calling any admins...

This is RenegadeOfPhunk,

Our site (http://strikeforce.jediknightii.net) has gone and died on us!! I cannot upload anything to our site. (I first found something was wrong when I tried to add something to our news section, and when I uploaded it, it ended up empty!! So our news section is blank now... :( )

Our forums are also dead!!

My FTP program keeps coming back with 'No room on device'. But I've actually cleared off loads of images and stuff we weren't using anymore - so I can't see how it's to do with space...

I've tried sending you an e-mail to the last address I got hold of you on, but now that's giving me 'bad recipient' messages back.

Please HELP!!!!!

ren...

don't worry man, all the hosted sites are going through this. My site, the Jedi Academy, is also down and i'm also getting the "no room" error... and along with that, my academy.jediknightii.net email address doesn't work. i have a feeling the server that hosts the hosted sites is down and will probably be fixed on monday, although that's just a guess. anyway, keep this thread goin so others who are running hosted sites have an idea what's going on

Hey guys,

Sorry to be a pain, but we seem to still have problems.

The site seemed to come back up fine, but now it seems several members of the team can't get access to the site. And I'm sure it's not just one person having problems because it's happenned to more than one - around the same time...

And they seem to have problems accessing any site hosted here...

Any ideas?

Renegade

I don't know if this will help any, but it looks like the A record is missing. Here are the results of an nslookup to academy.jediknightii.net from a home machine:

[jediadmin@guiness base]$nslookup academy.jediknightii.net
Server:  ns1.ipath.ip.net
Address:  66.64.15.10

*** ns1.ipath.ip.net can't find academy.jediknightii.net: Non-existent host/domain
[jediadmin@guiness base]$nslookup
Default Server:  ns1.ipath.ip.net
Address:  66.64.15.10

> server 206.66.12.36
Default Server:  ns1.airmail.net
Address:  206.66.12.36

> academy.jediknightii.net
Server:  ns1.airmail.net
Address:  206.66.12.36

*** ns1.airmail.net can't find academy.jediknightii.net: Non-existent host/domain
> server 198.6.1.3
Default Server:  cache02.ns.uu.net
Address:  198.6.1.3

> academy.jediknightii.net
Server:  cache02.ns.uu.net
Address:  198.6.1.3

*** cache02.ns.uu.net can't find academy.jediknightii.net: Non-existent host/domain
> server 4.2.2.2
Default Server:  vnsc-bak.sys.gtei.net
Address:  4.2.2.2

Same thing has happenned to our site - it's gone back in time about a month!!! :eek:

However, some hope can be gleaned from the fact that Roger at ModCentral (also hosted here) said the same thing happenned to them - but now they seem to be back up to date.

So, here's hoping he didn't have to restore his site from a personal back-up... (which I didn't think to make - but will make DAMN sure I do in future...!)

Archived