Home

Himalaya

Zygomaticus

Any of you seen this movie? Its in Tibetan with English Subtitles, but was a french foreign film at the oscars when it was nominated, cuz the director was french.

Anyway, my dad loved this movie so much (When he once saw it on a plane to somewhere) that he bought the dvd and i saw it too, and it was really good!

Wondering if any more of you happened to see it, if not, i would recommend you do :)

Its about a remote tibetan village, where it is custom to collect salt and take it to "the trading place" every couple of months to get grain for food. And the head of the village's son is head of the caravan, but the head's son dies on a trip and his son's best friend is automatic nominee for the new head because he's the best caravan head alive. But the old chief doesn't trust this nominee, and so he wants to lead the caravan himself, even at his age (he's pretty old) but the other helpers really dont want to follow this old, almost crazy leader, and they go with the younger nominee as a breakaway group. Remember this has to be done cuz they need the food. So this old man gathers up his other old caravan group (of whos sons have all gone with the young guy) and the leader sets out to proove himself.

Watch the movie to know more :p

Archived