Home

Do bots?

Brina1

Originally posted by Brina1

Do bots take up slots on the number of maximum players allowed if they're added after the server is started or just if they're added before the server is started?

Hehe, your qu has already been answered... I jus wondered whether you were into programming??? (ur technical aptitude sounds really quite amazing!!! i don't think i've seen an amiga, hehe...)

Since JKII is kinda different to Q3, UT type games, and the AI is really quite terrible, I'd like to see someone make an adaptive neural network type of AI, that models itself on what gains the best results over certain situations, and with a variable adaptivity constant to ensure that the learning rate is spread across several trials in an unpredictable (and hence more human-like) manner... I guess such a bot could be human-guided in its training, with inbuilt programming (a-priori conditioning) to concentrate on certain features of coordination and strategy, like status monitoring, teamplay and opponent matching...

I know it's not really Multiplayer strategy... :) But it's MP strat for bots... and hey, it'd be fun to have a team of humans up against a team of team-aware adaptive (NN trained) bots to see who'd win!!!

Just a thought :)

Cheers,

K

Archived