Home

BUG - Republic unbeatable

simwiz2

simwiz - assault mechs such as the AT-AT would be heavy right? Getting back to the spynet, giving everyone the opportunity to see everything their opponent is doing i think takes some of the fun out of the game, and is also totally unrealistic. Also, with denying civs some units, i think it needs to be done. At the moment, almost every civ in the entire star wars universe is almost identical! An example would be that in the original AoE, the Yamato were very good with cavalry, but poor in most other areas, while the greeks were good with siege weapons and hoplites.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

jesus frickin christ...i am talking about the weight of the weapon, not where it's built! An AT-AT is a weapon. It is heavy. It is therefore a heavy weapon, wether it is a mech or not is irrelevant. Besides, the term 'mech' is wrong anyway, an animal with a gun on it (gungans) isnt mechanised.

Well what darth windu wants to say is ATATs ARE WEAPONS AND THEIR ARE HEAVY FORGET THE FACT THAT IT IS CALLED A MECH LOL.:atat: I think that their should be spies in SWGB anyways back to the invicible republic thing. Did you notice that the computer gives up when you kill half it's base? That is so that it doesan't cheat like some players... ( no names plz )

P.S. what do the names above your pictures mean? ie mine is bantha fodder

BTW, simwiz, where are you in jersey?

South Brunswick

You friggin' rube...

LOL! Poor Windu.

Besides, the term 'mech' is wrong anyway, an animal with a gun on it (gungans) isnt mechanised.

This is a good example of idiotic logic. For 7 out of the 8 civs it is accurate. For the Gungans almost EVERYTHING is some kind of creature. In GB a mech is a unit built at the Mech Factory and tends to be somewhat more expensive yet stronger (except scouts). Whether it is an animal or not is irrelivent. Do you have a better term to use? And please, please, please don't say heavy weapon.

I don't roach

My @$$!! Also, you DO make maps that favor one strat (turtle war of attrition)

Bulzye, you tell him. Also, i didnt know you perused the forums. I think you should be posting more often (you know what threads im talking about, right?). While im on the subject, how did the 3v3 end? I know my rebel mounties were owning that turtle but why were you and Will still in t3?

Windu, i swear to god if you mention adding another unit to the game...! Shut up already. Not only is the spy a dumb unit, it seems to me like you are trying to make this game more like C&C so you can actually get past the first scenerio in the learning campaign. Spies (and, subsequently, Bothan Spy Net) was added to prevent annoying little SOBs like yourself from running with one villie around the map undetected, a problem that plagued AoE the original. Also, try to stop acting like you know the littlest bit of anything

then in old bridge...

Grrrr.. old bridge. Did you go to school there?

Kyrillth, jcb, pbguy, et al.-Roaching is, when you know you lost, either hiding out in a remote corner of the map with a small army or once your base and army are destroyed, running around with a handful of villies building lumber camps or troop centers. Be grownup and admit defeat. 50% of all games are lost. There is nothing wrong with losing. There is also nothing wrong with making up excuses (it doesnt hurt:)).

Originally posted by Sithmaster_821

(1) My @$$!! Also, you DO make maps that favor one strat (turtle war of attrition)

(2)While im on the subject, how did the 3v3 end? I know my rebel mounties were owning that turtle but why were you and Will still in t3?

Aww, do you have to ruin everything? There was some really funny Windu-bashing going on here, and you change the subject!

1 - ??? I roach? Or are you trying to be funny? (Key word is trying) Unless not giving up after one battle is roaching (even when I still had my entire town left) then I don't roach with the exception of the time I was trying out this bug (which I already explained). That turtle map I made was just to see what the game would be like, a sort of experiment. You say I "tend" to make maps "favoring one strategy" yet I have only made 2 GB maps and one of them was for my first MP game against you. So how could you judge my preferred strategy based on 2 maps?

2 - After you left, the Empire player that I rushed fled to the other Empire player and I mopped up his base. Then I destroyed the original Empire player and started denting the other Empire player's base, forward building a few fortresses and military buildings while my mounties took out turrets. I started to go t4, and about that time Bulzeye finally took out the turret he was attacking and his massive army of 1 berserker flooded through. The other, unscathed enemy had to leave, and the one remaining empire player resigned as my armies flooded into his town. The sad thing was that you had more points than Bulzeye even though you left halfway though. :)

Originally posted by Darth Windu

How exactly is my spy idea dumb? It works, and i think it would make the game a lot more interesting.

How exactly is your spy idea good? Because it works? The current bothan spies tech works, so you will need to come up with something better than that. As someone else already said, when you suggest an idea, the burden of proof is on you.

Also, IMO your idea will be a micromanaging hell, and will overpower the Rebels, even if you take away their heavy weapon / assault mech. :lol:

Simwiz, i remember a little AoK player who made single-chokepoint, nonrush, turtle, Black Forest maps exclusively.

Yeah bulzye does suck. My mounties/air would have mopped things up alot quicker.

Windu, my idea (unique unit set for next Star Wars RTS) is very popular, even YOU support it. On the other hand, your ideas are...well i dont need to explain, a windu idea is self explanitory.

Your spy idea tilts the game way to much towards the Rebs, thus people would play them exclusively. If you cant balance it Lucasarts cant either.

Simwiz, i remember a little AoK player who made single-chokepoint, nonrush, turtle, Black Forest maps exclusively.

Umm, sure, whatever you say. :rolleyes:

Are you sure you're not thinking of yourself?

I never was that great of an AoK player, but I do NOT turtle - in any game.

And even if I did, this is about GB, not AoK. They are two different games.

Are you sure you're not thinking of yourself?

No im certain im thinking about you.

I never was that great of an AoK player, but I do NOT turtle - in any game.

Thats a laugh, mr. no-attack-until-imperial-so-i-can-build-my-rows-of-korean-towers/walls-in-my-especially-made-black-forest-maps.

And even if I did, this is about GB, not AoK. They are two different games.

SWGB is practially an X-pack or a large mod for AoK.

The spy, apart from bringing more realism, would make the game more fun in my opinion. To me, just researching one tech that allows you to see everything takes away realism, and also some of the fun by being able to know exactly where the enemy will attack from.

If it would unbalanced the rebels, just give the spy to everyone, and i assure you, the micromanagement isnt that big or hard.

Originally posted by Darth Windu

The spy, apart from bringing more realism, would make the game more fun in my opinion. To me, just researching one tech that allows you to see everything takes away realism, and also some of the fun by being able to know exactly where the enemy will attack from.

If it would unbalanced the rebels, just give the spy to everyone, and i assure you, the micromanagement isnt that big or hard.

There are still better ways to have the spy thing work. Possibly the tech could be cheaper but only last a certain amount of time.

Or here's another idea. When you get Bothan Spynet (at the same price) your opponent is notified but they can take away your spies by researching Counter-Spies (for about the same price). Then, anyone could still research spies again, if they have enough nova and then people could research counter-spies. That way it could still take out roachers (since they won't have much nova or workers), but to get permanent spies on another player who is still doing well would be very, very hard. Maybe researching counter-spies would take slightly longer, so that Bothan Spynet can be timed to give valuable intelligence during attacks.

(1) No im certain im thinking about you.

(2) Thats a laugh, mr. no-attack-until-imperial-so-i-can-build-my-rows-of-korean-towers/walls-in-my-especially-made-black-forest-maps.

(3) SWGB is practially an X-pack or a large mod for AoK.

First I would like to say that I would rather not bore everyone by responding to your pathetic attempts to seem better than me at a GAME, or to make yourself look better by trying to make me look bad. So after this how about you shut up rather than dragging this thread off topic. And remember it is a computer GAME, so get a life and stop obsessing over it. :p

1 - I already said I don't turtle. Stop imagining things.

2 - I never told you not to attack till Imperial, though you never did rush because you were too busy turtling. Similarly, the rest of your statement is also bull****.

3 - This sounds like something Windu would say. An X-pack is something that adds something to a game, and you generally need the original game to run it. I hate to break it to you, but just because two games use the same engine does not make one an X-pack. You see, AoK is kind of a game with guys with swords and horsies and arrows and castles. GB is a STAR WARS game, with lasers and tie fighters and X wings and jedi and mechs (which are heavy as Windu informed us all) and missiles and turrets (but thankfully no useless Gunship UU) and shields, and a lot of other star wars stuff.

Now I know you're going to reply with other lies just so you can get the last word in, but I am not going to reply to any similar posts from you. It is boring to me and to everyone who has to read it. :bored: If you find stuff like this so fun then why not go back to Windu bashing? :) At least THAT was fun to read! :D

And remember it is a computer GAME, so get a life and stop obsessing over it.

Will, whose life revolves around waiting for their sister to get off the computer so that they can go on and play games? And who plays sports year round and isnt on the computer cause hes out doing something? Thought so.

1 - I already said I don't turtle. Stop imagining things.

Bulzye would agree with me. :p

2 - I never told you not to attack till Imperial, though you never did rush because you were too busy turtling. Similarly, the rest of your statement is also bull****.

I couldnt attack until imp because no 2nd or 3rd age units could break though your lines of walls and towers:D

3 - This sounds like something Windu would say. An X-pack is something that adds something to a game, and you generally need the original game to run it. I hate to break it to you, but just because two games use the same engine does not make one an X-pack. You see, AoK is kind of a game with guys with swords and horsies and arrows and castles. GB is a STAR WARS game, with lasers and tie fighters and X wings and jedi and mechs (which are heavy as Windu informed us all) and missiles and turrets (but thankfully no useless Gunship UU) and shields, and a lot of other star wars stuff.

Yeah but that stuff is all cosmetic;) ;)

Also, i would flame windu for his horrificly dumb idea but you kinda took all my points:) It seems your pondering what im pondering, pinky:D

Archived