Home

Bots

Jedi-Duck

Hey im kinda new to jedi knight (i only got it 3 days ago) and i was just wondering, if most people do verse the comp with the included bots, what difficulty level they're on. I've got a feeling good player wouldn't because i've been playin for not long at all and Jedi is heaps easy.

If you play with bots using the default server settings, then yeah, they are pretty crappy. However, I've found that if you turn on the Ghoul2 collision detection and set saber trace to what you want then they are a bit more difficult on Jedi Master (hardest difficulty). They are still very beatable but the battles are much more fun in my opinion. I can't remember the exact variables (you can find them on these boards), but you can set them from the console, or put them in a config file. Tweek these to get the saber combat that you like. Also, you can make saber combat more deadly by increasing the saber damage variable (multiplies the saber damage by this number). If you want quick fights, jack this up, or whatever. Sorry, you'll have to look around on these boards for that variable as well. But I have gotten bots to be quite fun for me.

Having done that, I enjoy fighting bots from time to time. It is much more like SP combat, and bots don't spam moves or complain about everything you do. A refreshing change, I think you'll agree :p

But in the end humans are more unpredictable, and more challenging. But practicing against bots will help you out. I play against both, for a little variety.

P.S. Anyone remember these variables off-hand?

P.P.S. If you can't find them, email me...

g_sabertracesaberfirst 1

g_saberghoul2collision 0

(defaults)

I for one am extremely confused about these two variables. I found a thread on these forums dictating that the game is much more like the SP experience if you turned off tracing, and turned on ghoul2 (exact opposite of defaults) but a week later all the servers were using trace 0 and ghoul2 0. So I thought; "What the hell Ill turn ghoul2 AND trace off", so as to flow with the servers around me.

I really cannot notice the difference... maybe it's increased blocking or something.

As for Bot Skill it's all the same with a saber, from padawan to master. The variable is the Force usage... You can set a Jedi Master force level on your server and dock the bots to Padwan level and they wouldn't have as many (or the skill) of the force as a Jedi Guardian or Knight does.

Be wary of adding Dark Jedi bots (red saber) with high force... they may slaughter you at first but thats where ABSORB comes in :)

Archived