Home

Changing Audio?

acidblue0

download the duelofthefates challenge file, unzip the pk3, and replace the song with your own file but retain the name. Rezip, place in base and it should work.

I currently have Busta Rhymes - Break your Neck as my challenge music, and menu music, work amazing!

a better utility for making pk3's is QuickZip.

its easily found on Google.com. just seach for the name.

when you have Quickzip, select 'new'

it comes up with a screen. to the right is where you enter the filename. to the right of that it has another imput box. where it says 'zip' just replace with 'pk3' and leave everything else alone.

this seems like a pretty common error people have. are you using winzip or pkzip?

email: SamuelDravis@hotmail.com

Ok I must be retarded so this is what I did. I made a screenshot of the errors popping up. I keep getting invalid key. If you look real good you can see where I’m trying to put bind xxx music music/star. Star is name of mp3 file that I won’t to play and yes I converted it to pk3. Thanks. Here’s the link for screenshot http://acidblue0.tripod.com/musicpic.JPG COPY AND PASTE LINK. Not working when you click on it

I give up! I put bind 0 music music/star and when I press 0 still getting error. Only think I can think of that might be wrong is file “star.pk3” is in wrong place. Error I’m getting is “can’t find mp3”. File “star.pk3” is in base folder :mad:

i'm having problems making a custom playlist as well. i've noticed that when i make the .pk3 file, it's listed as "not pure" in console when i'm looking at all my .pk3 files. is it correct to assume that you can only create a custom playlist that will play on non-pure servers? iow...the server would have to have my music.pk3 too?

it must be that you did not compile it right. check to make sure that the folder tree is correct. it should be:

/MUSIC/filename

try putting it together under c like this:

make the folder under C: named 'music'

put file star.mp3 in the folder 'music'.

compress the FOLDER music (not just the file)

then put it in /base. email if having more probs.

it must be that you did not compile it right. check to make sure that the folder tree is correct. it should be:

/MUSIC/filename

try putting it together under c like this:

make the folder under C: named 'music'

put file star.mp3 in the folder 'music'.

compress the FOLDER music (not just the file)

then put it in /base. email if having more probs.

userXa0:

i don't think that you can use this on pure servers.. sorry.

It works! Thanks for the help SamuelDravis! All that work to get my own mp3’s to play. Just to let everyone know only thing I was doing wrong was putting the slashes wrong. I was putting music music/star instead of music music\star. Star is the name of my mp3 file. Hope this helps someone else. P.S. this doesn’t work on a pure sever

Is there a way to have a separate song for menu screen and challenge music instead of them being the same? I've got a pk3 that changes both, but hearing the song everytime I boot the game up makes it get old quicker. LOL.

BLUES:

there is; i made one that changes the menu music for MP to the imperial march. the directory structure for the challenge is:

.../music/mp/duel.mp3

NOTE: you MUST rename your file to duel.mp3

OLLYHILLS:

i have no idea how pakscape works. try seeing if Deetox187 can help.

Archived