Home

constantly changing ideas??

Takeoffyouhoser

Any of you guys start building your map and then get a stroke of genious, and start over because you found a better theme or setting? This happens to me alot...lol....

So far my map " Great White North " has changed themes from Imperial Brewery to Imperial Prison and to my new theme, a Genetics lab i like to call Imperial Leper Colony.....

Mostly the layout of the level is similar, just the key zones I keep redefining.....

I haven't been making maps for long, but after I got ICARUS to work for me, I changed the way my theme/setting for the first level of my project looked completely! The map I'm working on right now is a mine- originally, it was fairly well-lit, slightly more industrialized than the artus_mines level. Now, it's TOTALLY different. It's much darker, mostly rock, and looks very derelict.

But I like it MUCH better. It makes more sense...

-Slinky

Uh, no, sorry to mislead you. I redid the map completely. I just mean that after I had scripting working for me, I stopped being all like, "Look, I made it work!" and more like, "Okay, how do I want this level to move?" and I ended up changing everything because my vision changed very much for the better, when I could concentrate on it.

-Slinky

Yeah I do too...thats partially why it's taking me soo long to finish my current map. And I still look at my first map "Jedi Hoth Academy" and see all kinds of things I would like to change and add on to it. But it gets to a point when you have to say, ok, this is good enough, I've acomplished the goals that I set out to, and then just release it and move on to the next one. You have to do that, because no matter how good you make your map, in your eyes it's never going to perfect.

Archived