Home

MOD MAKING Dilemma!

Smood

Ok I'am assisting Dark Reaper in making his flame thrower mod.

I was reading up on SDK, and I found it called for Visual C++ to compile weapons .C file and other files (using a project file) to generate a .dll which in turn will lead to a qvm which intern will lead to the pk3, that all the Jedi Knights love and want.

Simple enough... but how can I compile the weapon c file with out visual c++ and their project template? I tried a standard command line compiler (DJGPP compiler) but it did not work. How can I make a simple altered weapon stats mod without visual C++.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sorry, I thought it mentioned this....

Just alter the files in their default directory and then.....

Simply run game.bat to compile the server side files, run cgame.bat to compile the client side files, and run ui.bat to compile the User Inferface Files (menu stuff).

This will place the compiled files in the code/base/ directory. From there, just follow the instructions in the readme for running your mod.

If you need addition help, my fellow MotF teammate has a simple Mod tutorial. Email s0nic at rswann@eircom.net to get it.

Razor Ace

That is because searching the forums takes up a large amount of bandwidth and in essence would slow all your forums browsing speed down.

If you answered the question, then a thread link would be helpful.

Razor, how does the game.bat, cgame and ui know which file to compile in the code folder?

Archived