Home

POLL: Customize Characters In-Game

adillon

How Do You Feel About In-Game Character Customization ...  

6 members have voted

1. 1. How Do You Feel About In-Game Character Customization ...

• OH YEAH! It\'s a great idea. :D
    • WHATEVER. I can take it or leave it. :rolleyes:
    • NO WAY! Why would I want that?! :mad:

i was curious as to whether or not customizing a character would be possible in-game. by this i mean you'd have the ability to pick a certain character model (jedi trainer for example), decide whether you wanna be male or female, then "customize" the character by skin tone, hair color (or lack thereof), eye color, facial hair, etc. i think it would cool to have this ability ... one model with an almost infinite number of variations.

i assume this would have to be a MOD of some sort, and models would have to be created to work within it. but mainly i'm just wondering if it's at all possible, and if so what do you all think?

as far as i know, it is not possible to achieve. reason: for each variation a custom skin needs to be created. Quake engine does not support these features. sadly, and I do not think that it supports applying multiple textures to specific parts of a model on run-time

it has been suggested a few times that someone makes a generic jedi model with a LOAD of selectable surfaces (i.e different hair styles different facial features etc.)

these can be turned on and off when required

something like this would allow to create your own character

Originally posted by Darth-Nasty

it has been suggested a few times that someone makes a generic jedi model with a LOAD of selectable surfaces (i.e different hair styles different facial features etc.)

these can be turned on and off when required

i know about those ... i'm talking about more of an in-game menu option thing. kinda like the jedimod saber menu, only for player characters, with a ton more options hence a ton more "characters". but apparently it is not possible ... too bad. :(

With Sabers the colours are created using Shaders. With Models the colours are created in a picture file that cant be altered unless you physically open the file and change them.

But it's a nice idea :)

Archived