Home

Swbg 2?

Ready Wan

Guest DarthMaulUK

There's nothing confirmed from Lucasarts about a SWGB2 - but the sales of the current SWGB & CC games point to a second coming of the game.

Depending on LA's approach - if they create their own game engine or if they use someone elses, we wont see a SWGB 2 until the middle of next year at least.

SWGB has been a great test for LA - all of their RTS games have been poor in terms of sales and playability. So I think we can see a SWGB 2 in the near future.

DMUK

The problem is not the game, because it is of a great quality it is rather the contempt of Gamingzone (microsoft) by not proposing a rating this absence of place or one is on meeting of good player will have been the end of the play (even Warcraft3, which connait the same problem of scenario on line proposes to the player a leader based on a very practical and innovative system)

With regard to SWGB2, if Lucasart does not envisage (before the setting on sale of the play) a system of rating, the game will not the success of SWGB.

excuse me for my bad english

@+

WG_Cobra

(link: http://www.strategie-siths.fr.fm )

Have you heard ANYTHING about a sequel in the works DarthMaulUK?

I just really hope that if there is a sequel it follows something based off of the Age of Empires format....I don't want anything like Force Commander ever again, and I'm not a fan of 3D RTS games.

Guest DarthMaulUK

All I know is that if LA make SWGB 2, it won't be played on the MSN ZONE and it probably wont come with the Scenario Editor.

Both are at the centre of blame for SWGB support being poor online.

This is all I know. Garry Gaber is working on another project, as to what that is, I haven't a clue.

DMUK

Another SW RTS. Now I what I would really want is a cross between Rebellion and Battlegrounds. Ya set your troops and fleet to go to a planet, the fleet fights the enemy fleet in a 3D engine, then your troops land on the planet, fighting the enemy in yet another engine but for ground combat. U control all the management from a Rebellion- style HQ

The thing is, if there is a SW:GB 2, it needs to use an up-to-date engine. No offense to lucasarts but games made almost a decade ago have better graphics. The main problem with the graphics and combat side is that the engine used wasnt made for turrets, armour, ranged infantry, aircraft etc, and so what they need to do is base the game on an engine like RoN which uses all of that, or create their own.

Just out of curiousity, maulUK, what does either of those things have to do with support being poor online?

I always thought that scenario editors boosted the popularity of games, as it kept it fresh by letting fans design their own games long after they've finished the always-too-brief original game.

Guest DarthMaulUK

The Scenario games took over the Random map rooms - old arguement this. The MSN ZONE wouldnt set the rooms up like in AOK where everyone HAS to play in the correct rooms.. something to do with the coding in the game.

Due to this, RMers are having problems finding a game in their room...especially those who are new.

DMUK

Exactly...I think that getting rid of the scenario editor entirely just because idiots took over the rm room is like throwing the baby out with the bathwater....LA should just make sure that future games are coded in such a way that internet gaming sites can easily sort the games into rm rooms and scenario rooms.

Scenario Editor is probably the most important thing in any rts. It enables the person playing to create it's own stories rather then always playing the old campaigns that you already have finished two or three times. It gets boring when you suck at rm(not me i'm good although i don't play on the internet very often because of my :swear: 56K modem).

I think it won't be worth buying it...and besides, what will happen to the toybox units? They can't just put every known Star Wars characters in a few campaigns(not every known of course, but you know what i mean:ewok: )

That reminds me, i would like, for example the Republic campaign to be led by Mace Windu, or another council member (ie you get to play as them). Also, could lucasarts release the templates they used for the city of theed in the campaigns? I would like to create senarios based around it but im not good enough to create the city.

If they want to change something with the scenario editor, I think they should make it easier. I hate spending my whole day making a scenario and having no idea if what i did was what i wanted to do. It's hard to make a lot of triggers and line them up. If anyone has ever made a Star Craft scenario (although you can't make it as complete as a SWGB scenario) you would see that it is a lot easier to make one and you can make a fully detailed one with triggers in a few hours(if you suck at scenario making like me).

Archived