Home

Darth Sidious?

icepool

No I am not no newb and Im definately not gonna say palpatine is not sidious cause he obviously is. But heres a question for you what if Darth sidious is the acient spirit of a sith that took over palpatines body cause he saw potential to get into the posistion for power. I mean think about it. Palpatine is from the peacefull planet of naboo, he obviously studied politics from a young age and this was his life. Where on naboo would he have gotten any trainging to be a sith. Its just a theory but I believe Darth Sidious could really be an acient sith spirit that consumed him.

Lol Kit and Norin

My theory is Sidious laid in hiding on Naboo where no one would suspect such evil. He came out of hiding when the time was right and created himself a fake backround as someone who was born and raised on Naboo and grew up in politics or something like that and eventually became Senator. Somewhere during all time he found some Zabrak kid strong with the Force and took him as his apprentice and the rest we know.

What is Holocron btw

Dont be an ass and flame me I just never heard of it before. Maybe thats wierd I dunno.

lets just wait and see maybe ep 3 will explain all this, i dont think sidious' history is that indepth hes probably some pissed off punk who was found by some bad ass moefoe and used his powers to get back at everyone! probably as baisic as that i'm not trying to say that is what happend but its probably somthing along those lines.

Palpatine was most likely trained by another sith lord. The sith were "thought" to be extinct-BUT there could have been some practicing the sith arts in secret for all those years after the sith were thought to be wiped out. Palpatine was the one who came out and made it known that the sith were not extinct, because he had a position of power. He had an apetite for power.

Palpatine finding a sith holocron is another possibility.

Heres another question for you all why or should I say how can there be only two sith? Just because sidious is the master and has an apprentice whats to stop another person on the other side of the galaxy from becoming a sithmaster and haveing an apprentice? With their only being one sithmaster spirit like I said there would also be one sith apprentice at a time. Making what yoda says litteraly true a master and an apprentice. I just think its more interesting then Palpatine was another sith that came along and got lucky.

I kinda agree with Icepool, in a way. I think everyone takes Yoda's "Always two there are, a master and an apprentice" a bit literally. I don't take it as "ONLY two there are...", I always thought of it as "AT LEAST two there are...". There has to be a master in order to train an apprentice, and there has to be an apprentice in order to be a master. A master will seek out another apprentice, and or an apprentice will then seek out an apprentice of his own, making him a master. Who's to say that once Sidious thought Maul was ready, Sidious would take another apprentice, and Maul would train his own?

Besides, how would Yoda know of this supposed "Rule of two"? Isn't it supposed to be some big Sith secret, after all, everyone thinks they destroyed themselves. Then again, all of the Sith related stuff and the "rule of two" is all EU, and therefore not canon.

Also, I think Lucas has said that he won't go into detail about Palp's past, he wants him to stay mysterious. Just some guy who was pure evil and extremely powerful, that took over the galaxy, and no one really knows why... Probably just because he could *shrugs*

Yoda said "With the Sith, there are always two, no more, no less... the Master and the Apprentice."

The Sith are always working toward achieving a position in the universe with enough influence behind it so that they can destroy the Jedi. Darth Bane, after losing his Brotherhood army, had absolutely no power and had to start virtually from scratch. As the Sith traditions were passed down from Master to Apprentice, the new Master would seek out an Apprentice who had the potential to maneuver into a station above that of his Master. Thus, the Sith climb the ladder of success over 1,000 years until at last one of them becomes the Supreme Chancellor of the Republic.

Jedi_Monk.jpg

Archived