Home

Saber Locks = Sore Losers

RahnDelSol

So anyway, in a continuing trend...

Last night I was playing on a no-force duel server. I became engaged in a saber lock with an opponent. I usually use two fingers (alternating) to tap the mouse button, so I do pretty well. It's usually only script users who beat me, most times I either win or draw in a saber lock.

Hey, at least I can do SOMETHING right, eh? ;)

Anyway, I beat down this guy in the saber lock, then followed up with a blue lunge to finish him off.

I say "gf", his comment is an immediate "bs".

While dueling the next guy, I see this other guy changes his name to "stupid auto fire user".

I had to laugh ;)

It's sad that it's gotten to this point, but as of late, I've noticed that around 80% of the time, when I win in a saber lock, I get accused of cheating. I always follow up by telling what my technique is, but it never seems to convince anyone.

I had taken some time away from JKII and just got back into it this week. Is it like this everywhere?

In my opinion saberlocks are purely cosmetic/cinematic and are a waste of time. Sure, I like it when I get saved from a damaging hit in the form of a saber lock, but if the frequency is too high it's plain annoying.

Winning a saber lock isn't all that benificial, since theres a number of things one can do while knocked down; you can jump up using the force, kick your pursuer, or even push him away. The difficulty of striking someone while they are down makes winning the saber lock an unworthy effort.

Surely there could be more skill invovled with winning a lock besides tapping your primary/using push or using a script?

Usually I can draw a saber match, sometimes I actually get knocked down (when I miss the push button) but hardly get any damage dealt to me unless lunged, and even then i could be on top of their head (using force get up).

I agree....saber locks need more than *TAP TAP TAP TAP TAP TAP TAP TAP TAP TAP TAP TAP TAP TAP TAP TAP TAP TAP TAP TAP TAP TAP TAP TAP TAP TAP TAP TAP TAP TAP TAP TAP TAP TAP TAP TAP TAP TAP TAP TAP TAP TAP TAP TAP TAP TAP TAP TAP TAP TAP TAP TAP TAP TAP TAP TAP TAP TAP TAP TAP TAP TAP TAP TAP TAP TAP TAP TAP TAP TAP TAP TAP TAP TAP TAP TAP TAP TAP TAP TAP* to win.... (or a mousewheel or script)

Originally posted by RpTheHotrod

I agree....saber locks need more than *TAP TAP TAP TAP TAP TAP TAP TAP TAP TAP TAP TAP TAP TAP TAP TAP TAP TAP TAP TAP TAP TAP TAP TAP TAP TAP TAP TAP TAP TAP TAP TAP TAP TAP TAP TAP TAP TAP TAP TAP TAP TAP TAP TAP TAP TAP TAP TAP TAP TAP TAP TAP TAP TAP TAP TAP TAP TAP TAP TAP TAP TAP TAP TAP TAP TAP TAP TAP TAP TAP TAP TAP TAP TAP TAP TAP TAP TAP TAP TAP* to win.... (or a mousewheel or script)

I concur... I do not wish to damage or desensitize my very cool blue highlighted mouse buttons or wheel ;_;

let me let you guys on a little secret, for i do not care anymore about keeping it a secret. And honestly, its probably not that big of a secret. I'm just tired of the "few elite" claiming they can pick out a person using a script from a person not using a script.

Bind attack to ctrl, or alt. whichever you prefer. alternate keys. its that simple. One time someone called me a scripter or an auto fire user and i told him he was dead wrong, and confessed my methods...he still said it was cheating...Cheating how? +attack is bound to ctrl when you first load the game...so how can it be cheating?

I have attack bound to cntrl also so it's easier to hit the button faster. There's always scripters though. I get people who can win a lock in like three seconds. It annoys me the people that think they have to cheat to win. I can tell when someone is good at saber locks like RahnDelSol and applaud them for finding a way to win effectivly without scripting.

• 2 weeks later...
Originally posted by RpTheHotrod

[hijack thread]

Actually, Masters of the Force is being designed so Saber Locks won't be a click fest but a test of speed and skill....

[/hijack thread]

Originally posted by RahnDelSol

So anyway, in a continuing trend...

Last night I was playing on a no-force duel server. I became engaged in a saber lock with an opponent. I usually use two fingers (alternating) to tap the mouse button, so I do pretty well. It's usually only script users who beat me, most times I either win or draw in a saber lock.

Hey, at least I can do SOMETHING right, eh? ;)

Anyway, I beat down this guy in the saber lock, then followed up with a blue lunge to finish him off.

I say "gf", his comment is an immediate "bs".

While dueling the next guy, I see this other guy changes his name to "stupid auto fire user".

I had to laugh ;)

It's sad that it's gotten to this point, but as of late, I've noticed that around 80% of the time, when I win in a saber lock, I get accused of cheating. I always follow up by telling what my technique is, but it never seems to convince anyone.

I had taken some time away from JKII and just got back into it this week. Is it like this everywhere?

I Hate it When Someone Does That.

Archived