Home

Dark Forces Mod Comes Out In 2003. Will You Play Saber Or guns

JEDI OUTCAST

Dark Forces Mod - Saber Or guns.  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Dark Forces Mod - Saber Or guns.

• Saber For Me. I Just Love My Saber.
    • Guns For Me. Just Like Playing With Guns.
    • Both For Me. Saber And Guns Are The Best.

I 've played Dark Forces so many times with guns that I'll probably use the saber a couple times to see what the game would be like fighting the stormtroopers with it. But I definatley want to use all the old guns I miss from the old game.

Why disable the saber? I still have my original game from when it was first released and I have played it many times with guns. And the guns in DF are better than JK or JK2, but it would be very fun to go through the game with the lightsaber. If you don't want the saber you don't have to use it but I would love to see what it'll be like going through the game with it.

Just to make it clear: the lightsabre will not be available in the mod - as it is not faithful to the original game and messes up continuity, except on two occaisions:

There will be a VERY carefully planned easter-egg in which you get a lightsabre for about 2 minutes, then lose it again. This will be very hard to find though - but it will not mess up continuity and only happens once throughout the entire game.

Since we won't be able to remove it, the lightsabre will be available to cheaters - but it is not actually supported by us and may not work as in JKII eg. we will be re-modelling it and editing it so that it can function as an axe for the Gamorrean. Most likely, we will make a new weapon function for the axe so it does not interfere with the sabre.

Just to put things in perspective though, taking on a Dark Trooper with a lightsabre would not be a wise idea. ie. he would be flying around, so you could not hit him, and last time I checked, sabers couldn't block rockets or rapid fire plasma. Dark Troopers are supposed to be very, very hard - and they certainly will be very hard, and very scary in this game...

Originally posted by The_One

Just to make it clear: the lightsabre will not be available in the mod - as it is not faithful to the original game and messes up continuity, except on two occaisions:

There will be a VERY carefully planned easter-egg in which you get a lightsabre for about 2 minutes, then lose it again. This will be very hard to find though - but it will not mess up continuity and only happens once throughout the entire game.

Since we won't be able to remove it, the lightsabre will be available to cheaters - but it is not actually supported by us and may not work as in JKII eg. we will be re-modelling it and editing it so that it can function as an axe for the Gamorrean. Most likely, we will make a new weapon function for the axe so it does not interfere with the sabre.

Just to put things in perspective though, taking on a Dark Trooper with a lightsabre would not be a wise idea. ie. he would be flying around, so you could not hit him, and last time I checked, sabers couldn't block rockets or rapid fire plasma. Dark Troopers are supposed to be very, very hard - and they certainly will be very hard, and very scary in this game...

I Was Just Going to Say All Of This.

Archived