Home

Great Idea: WLS team, READ.

icefox98

Since it is "impossible" to make the co op mod from the Jedi Outcast maps...give us a co op of the ladder 1 and 2.

Now THAT would be fun.

Sigh...I'm just so sad...I don't know how many times I've seen such ambitious mod groups just do nothing....happens every time almost.

Fact about mod teams: Great Ideas, no product. =( I remember telling people that I would bet them 100 dollars that the co op mode mod would never happen. "Oh, Wired Lamp is very awesome, they will be able to pull it off, i know they won't quit."

:(

It's really too bad to see this happen, but a mod group is like a cross between a job/fun that your not getting payed for, so barely any time is put into it...Oh well. I would say if you could Co-op a-fy ONE SINGLE user created map (ladder, 1 or 2, or both) you would be the greatest JK II mod group ever.

Originally posted by icefox98

Since it is "impossible" to make the co op mod from the Jedi Outcast maps...give us a co op of the ladder 1 and 2.

Now THAT would be fun.

Sigh...I'm just so sad...I don't know how many times I've seen such ambitious mod groups just do nothing....happens every time almost.

Haven't u read the news? They saied usermade maps will work therefore ladder will work.

Originally posted by icefox98

Fact about mod teams: Great Ideas, no product. =( I remember telling people that I would bet them 100 dollars that the co op mode mod would never happen. "Oh, Wired Lamp is very awesome, they will be able to pull it off, i know they won't quit."

:(

It's really too bad to see this happen, but a mod group is like a cross between a job/fun that your not getting payed for, so barely any time is put into it...Oh well. I would say if you could Co-op a-fy ONE SINGLE user created map (ladder, 1 or 2, or both) you would be the greatest JK II mod group ever.

Its not WLS fault. If the limit was a lie to stop the production of the co-op mod then why release a version that works with usermade maps while they work the same way as the original JKII ones just they are mostly smaller with less models. Why release a co-op version at all if they wanted to quit. The co-op actually does mean the ability for more than 1 player to play against computer controlled NPCs even if it happens on map pit. Don't blame WLS for the limits put in MP.

QUOTE]Originally posted by icefox98

1. Let me tell you one thing, we are trying to make something work with a DIFFERENT EXECUTABLE than it should work. The limitations that are HARD CODED in that executable we cannot overcome, since the SOURCES that are the bsp files contain more than is allowed in that limit.

2. There is absolutely NO SINGLE PLAYER SOURCE CODE released, so everything that already works in CO OP now has been coded from scratch. Meaning ICARUS SCRIPTING LOADER, NPC Artificial Intelligence, ...

3. I spend A LOT OF TIME working for Wired Lamp Studios. At this very moment I am doing Design/Project Lead and Mapping. Right now every member of the team knows what is expected from him, knows how the others are progressing, and knows what others are working on if they checked the design documents. Our design documents now have security implemented and a tasklinked system, to allow follow-up of each task that needs to be completed to complete the goals defined in that design document. At least once, and most of the time twice a week every member of the team get a status update mail, and knows what is going on in the team.

4. We released 12 Duel maps, and we got 5 FINISHED CTF maps by Dubbilan, Vorax, Jesterspaz, Expandable and Takimoto waiting to be wrapped up. The only thing stopping us is the fact that dubbilan is on holiday and vorax is rarely online. The day the duel mappack was released I took the day off to make sure that every single pk3 was working correctly and had a good levelshot. Above that, we are building a co-op mod and we are working on our Total Conversion : Dark Horizons. So before you tell me how

[QB] a mod group is like a cross between a job/fun that your not getting payed for, so barely any time is put into it[/QB]
you might actually consider all the work that is involved in running a mod team. I spend several hours a week getting stuff ready for Wired Lamp Studios and making sure everything runs smoothly (it hardly ever does, but at least the facilities are provided to let it run smoothly)

I want to add that WLS is the most active and most promising mod team I've ever joined. And the main reason for that is just one single guy, who coordinates and arranges everything, who makes us work, who keeps us motivated and updated about the current status of our projects. There was one period during which he didn't have time for WLS - due to personal reasons which is totally understandable - and that was really bad; almost nothing worked any more. But as soon as he got back and told us what to do again, everything started to get better and better again. And this one man is, and I think I'll speak for everyone when I say:

THANK YOU, UNIKORN, FOR YOUR OUTSTANDING DEDICATION TO THE TEAM AND THE PROJECTS!

BTW, Raven is helping us in the normal way, we ask a question, and if we are lucky that they got some time left (doesn't happen a lot though, they're very busy) we got a positive or negative answer regarding our question. Some sites misinterpreted and thought that Raven gave extra support to this mod team, which is not true. They are treating all mods equal. Which is more than fair imho.

Dimi...

Are you...dim witted? Did you read the topic header? It was talking about how I would love to see the Ladder in co op mode. Read the damn post, before quoting please.

Um, and for the WLS who went nuts over my post, it just shows what you truly think about what is happening/happened to your mod team...not much confidence. =(

I never put you down or anything, in fact I said I think you will be the best mod team, and the best mod team in EVERYONES eyes if you would just release the ladder in co op mode. You obviously have NO idea how much people want this. Your WLS team is great, i never put you down, but I was very annoyed (still am) how you could get all of our hopes up and then say it's impossible. WHY didnt you know it was impossible before you started it? (For you less than intelligent people *Dimi* I will say I am talking about the SINGLE PLAYER GAME, not user created maps.) But all in all, it just got a lot of peoples hopes up to be crushed. Now I fear the same will happen with the user created maps co op idea....about a year of waiting for us to be told it's impossible to do. =( I'm not trying to be rude, but this is all I see ever happen with ambitious mods...ladder Co op would be THE single greatest mod ever for JKII.

By the way about me joining a mod team...I'm not the one with the ambitious ideas telling people I can modify games to make them great (co op mode). You are. But, if I ever do I'll be sure to do reasearch first to not get an entire gaming community's hopes crushed. But, like I said, you are a great group of guys who just got a little overambitious. No need to get angry and right back so much on the defense.

Ladder+Co-Op+WLS=JKII Revival

I went nuts over the fact that you said that we do not put a lot of time in our mods, while we do. The co op functions were tested seperately to make sure that the icarus loader loads every function correctly.

We never expected that a map uses more than 256 models (which is a lot) That was a mistake on our side.

I think everyone should thank WLS - you have no idea what they are going to bring to the established community.

I work, as much as I can, on the Dark Forces MOD and thanks to WLS they will not only be releasing a way for mappers to release co-op maps, but will be releasing the source code of what they have so far accomplished. We are hoping to adapt this and tweak it so that we will end up with a full SP game running in an MP environment - meaning we can create a proper TC rather than an elaborate MOD.

You have no idea how much these guys are going to save the SP MOD community which would be otherwise dead due to the lack of a SDK.

I wasn't talking about your mod team directly, but mod teams as a whole. I know YOU guys put a lot of time into the mod, etc.

So, I don't want to send out anymore negative vibes, heh.

All I have to say is a Co Op Ladder 1, or 2 would blow away and suprise everyone. Everyone would simply LOVE that.

Archived