Home

ProMod Beta 2 Strategy Guide Posted!

ArtifeX

Ok guys, all of you with questions like, "What the hell are these little pizza-slice things in my HUD?" can all squeeze yourselves with joy, as I have posted the first sections of the ProMod Strategy guide on the homepage:

http://www.oculis.org/promod/

It'll answer all the major questions about how to hack up your friends and coworkers with a lightsaber.

I promise, layout bug is fixed for good! If any of you have taken a look at the ProMod strategy guide, make sure to go back and look at it again--it'll be a lot easier to read this time. The tables are color-coded now that the bug's fixed, making them a lot easier to understand.

Just a question:

Why did you make strong stance the only offensive stance in the mod? Could it not be thought that the slow, sailing swings were *only* good for defending, since it's practically impossible to hit someone with those swings?

Bottom line: If I *really* want to kill someone, then I *should* use strong stance.

Otherwise, a great guide to a great mod - very detailed, and explains many things you'd never figure out otherwise.

Originally posted by cjais

Just a question:

Why did you make strong stance the only offensive stance in the mod? Could it not be thought that the slow, sailing swings were *only* good for defending, since it's practically impossible to hit someone with those swings?

Bottom line: If I *really* want to kill someone, then I *should* use strong stance.

Otherwise, a great guide to a great mod - very detailed, and explains many things you'd never figure out otherwise.

Actually, the strengths of the other two styles are offensive in a way. Light Stance's hightened blocking can be used to initiate counterattacks off the blocks (try it. this works really, really well), and Mediums Deflecting/Knockaway ability can completely remove someone's ability to defend themselves. In short, Medium and Light are meant to be reactive as opposed to Strong being proactive.

Originally posted by ArtifeX

Actually, the strengths of the other two styles are offensive in a way. Light Stance's hightened blocking can be used to initiate counterattacks off the blocks (try it. this works really, really well), and Mediums Deflecting/Knockaway ability can completely remove someone's ability to defend themselves. In short, Medium and Light are meant to be reactive as opposed to Strong being proactive.

I seee.....

point taken!

I disagree. Being able to block, counter with blue I would not consider offensive in anyway. It's a strategy requiring you defend something first, thus making it defensive. The fact you hit someone after the initial hit is beside the point. :)

Yellow or medium stance, is definately the middle road on offensive and defensive. IN a 1 v 1 situation yellow is good for feeling an opponent out initially. Or for dealing with someone who plays very defensively. ala nothin but blue kinda guy. Someone who is very defensive will eatup a red stance user in a heartbeat, but yellow is what solves that.

Yellow is the only thing I see as being both offensive and defensive, but I would never apply the offensive label to blue...

*2 paragraph post bump*

:)

Archived