Home

Lucasarts Sucks - Episode II

Guest mtw4

OK, folks, now I'm truly dumbfounded. I posted my gripes about Lucasarts not releasing DC codes weeks ago. Not many of you sympathized with me, but I'm going to whine some more. I just got off Lucasarts.com looking for the new hint of the week. They already have two codes up for Starfighter and the game has not even been released yet!!! One of the codes is good - invincibility. That makes one good code for a game not yet released, and no good codes for JPB, which has been out for months.

What in God's name is their problem over their? I want all the codes for JPB, and I want them now. The three that are available are completely useless, and I'm sure if they took to the time to program those three, they must have taken the time to program something good, like invincibility. Or maybe not. I've lost all faith. Should have sold the game when Wart did.

Guest Boba Rhett

YA!!! WHATS UP WITH THAT!? mad.gif

And were are my indiana jones codes?! mad.gif

------------------

Real programmers don't document. If it was hard to write, it should be hard to understand

Not really.

A game does not have to be new to be fun.

I play Jedi Knight, MotS, Racer, TPM, Yoda Stories, TIE fighter, X-Wing, I view both Behind the Magic & Episode I insider's guide constantly.

LucasArts has some excellent game. I havin't even gone into the Monkey Island series, Day of the Tentacle, Sam & Max, Full Throttle or Indiana Jones to prove my point...

With a bunch of new releases around the corner, and Episode II, I can only be anxious for a new series of games.

LucasArts has come out with a bunch of Episode I games and I havin't been disapointed with any I purchased.

That one movie can create so many good games is really great, and I don't think that as Star Wars fans we realize how lucky we are to be able to play the movies as much as we do.

I don't see as many Titanic or Matrix games out there!

------------------

You can do it your own way

Just as long as it's done just how I say...

Guest Saesee Tom

I'm afraid you're wrong, Jedi SuperBuen. The Matrix is scheduled as a launch title for the X-Box.

Also, StarFighter will ROCK! It even has celeberaty voices init. (None that you'd recognise, but here we go:

Nym -- Charlie Rocket

Charlie Rocket is probably the most notorious of all the voice actors that were used in Starfighter. He's a well known comedian who's claim to fame is the fact that he was a cast member on Saturday Night Live (SNL). On February 21, 1981, he was the center of a running gag related to the "Who Shot J.R.?" episode of Dallas called "Who Shot Charlie Rocket?". He ended the show with the ad libbed statement, "All I want to know is who the f--- shot me." Charlie's tenure on SNL was only one season.

Charles has also stared in a wide range of animated and live-action films, with the most distinguished being Titan A.E. (Firrikash, Slave Trader Guard), Dumb & Dumber (Nicholas Andre), Dances with Wolves (Lieutenant Elgin), Earth Girls Are Easy (Ted), and Hocus Pocus (Dave Dennison).

Vana Sage -- Lisa Fuson

Lisa Fuson has offered her services to LucasArts in the past, with star appearances as Princess Leia in several titles including Star Wars: Rebellion, Star Wars: Shadows of the Empire, and Star Wars: Masters of Teras Kasi.

Lisa also starred as a "hostage" in the 1989 film directed by Joseph Merhi called L.A. Vice.

Reti -- Wally Wingert

Wally Wingert is another seasoned veteran when it comes to doing voice acting for LucasArts. Wally did the voice for Herman Toothrot in Escape from Monkey Island and offered up his talent for Herc's Adventures by doing the narration and the voices for Jason and Bronze Guy.

Wally's other credits include an appearance in the 1999-television show called Can of Worms where he played The Loafer Alien and a voice acting role in the 1998 TV series Power Rangers in Space where he does the voice for Psycho Blue.

------------------

seaseetom.gif

Visit Saesee Tom and YLH's General Discussion Forum!

Originally posted by Saesee Tom:

I'm afraid you're wrong, Jedi SuperBuen. The Matrix is scheduled as a launch title for the X-Box.

Actually I am RIGHT! I said, if you read correctly:

I don't see as many Titanic or Matrix games out there.

Meaning there's dozen of Star Wars games, and only one scheduled game for the Matrix... etc...

------------------

Guest Darth Wart

You know, what the makers of DC, the Xbox, and others need to incorporate is a way to read a CD and store information from it that is not part of the game.

If, say, you could upload into a DC's ROM, say, up to 75 Megs of memory (that is flushable, but ordinarily retained when the unit is shut off), bugs (for which LucasArts is becoming famous) wouldn't be such a big deal.

See, with a computer game you can download a patch -- but that's impossible with the current console setups. Ergo if a console game has a bug, you're pretty much screwed forever, except in the rare event when the publisher orders a reissue.

But if console units had a means of docking Megs and running them in the background of the main applications, that would permit users to download a patch from the net (or even receive in the mail if they've registered), burn it onto a CD, then insert the CD into the console, which would upload the patch into the user-managed memory blocks I describe.

The way it is now, if they screw up when making a console game, as they obviously did with JPB (though I am inclined to believe they were simply not given enough time to hammer out the bugs), your gaming experience is ruined forever, and there's nothing you can do about it. The company hasn't the infrastructure to help you, even if they mean well.

------------------

Wart

JPBDWART.jpg

Get your free JPB guide at:

http://jedipowerbattlesguide.homestead.com/JPB.html

I agree they should find some way to issue patches for console games...

I think LEC (and other companies) should concentrate on the game and not the deadlines. Sure, they should still have a dead line, for obvious reasons (motivation, etc), but it should be more lenient. If the testers say "This is too bug" then they should fix it. Or if they don't then the next 6 months after the release they should concentrate on making patches that actually make a difference...

------------------

Guest Jedi_Jim

Hey guys, been long time biggrin.gif

maybe they don't release in-game cheats anymore because they know companies like DATEL make Action Replays which provide us happy gamers with the cheats we want biggrin.gif

------------------

Impressive....most impressive.

I agree with Wart about the console systems. I'm sure the next generation consoles will have features like that.

Anyway, I didn't mean to condemn LucasArts entirely for JPB when I initiated this post. I have to admit, for all the problems, I actually had a lot of fun playing this game, especially on two player mode, and I got my money's worth. I like most of the star wars games of the last few years, even the ones that were worse than JPB, like TPM for PSX. It's just frustrating to see a game have SO much potential and then fall well short of it. The games should live up to the movies -- push the game envelope like the films push that industry with digital technology, etc. -- and they don't. They really could do a great JPB for Ep II if they spent the time to do it right, and I'm sure I'd buy it. NOTE TO LEC: START DEVELOPING IT NOW. I'll keep my fingers crossed.

I guess I'll never have an answer to why so many codes were released almost immediately for Starfighter and yet we're still waiting for the JPB DC codes.

Archived