Home

Carcass error messages?

Flamegrape

Probably because it (assimilate) cant find the .gla file. you need to go in the dos prompt and type "carcass model.car" or somthin like that to see if it's a problem with the XSI or the gla path.

if you see "error: file contains cubic scale keys" go to windows regional settings and change to U.S. (damn metric system!)

*SIGH*

No, no, no, no!

:mad:

I've been through all of this before. I finally got the damned undocumented program to work to a certain point.

Let me put it another way. I know it's finding the _humanoid.gla file because it managed to get further enough along in the process to tell me that a few meshes were not weighted to anything. Before that, it was telling me errors about "fully-pathed" texture files. Once I fixed both of those, I'm confronted with an unknown error because it prints the error message to the screen, lists a whole bunch of meshes in my model (a few of them with *asterix next to them), tell me to press any key, and voila... "Error -1. Did not build." or whatever.

God, I'm so sick of this. If only Raven would provide ANY support for their mod tools. TutorialS would be good. And not tutorial made by third parties. Why do I type this ****? No one will ever listen. God, I'm frustrated. I've been stuck with at this one step for two weeks now, twiddling my thumbs, hoping someone on the message boards can help. I've wasted a tremendous amount of time waiting.

yea ive run into that problem, the screen just closes itself and you cant read the error message fast enough, its a real bitch... if i remember correctly i had to hit Run, then click and hold the top of the message to keep it from dissapearing, not too sure though.

My problem is not that the Carcass window closes automatically. It's probably giving an error message, but I don't know what it is because it scrolls away as it lists an unknown number of meshes in my model. Some of them have *asterix next to them. Is there a way to scroll up and read the message.

Help. I'm desperate now.

This is the content of the Carcass window:

*r_arm_cap_r_hand

*r_arm_cap_torso

*r_arm_elbow

r_arm_cap_r_hand_off

r_arm_cap_torso_off

r_hand

*r_hand

*r_hand_cap_r_arm

r_hand_cap_r_arm_off

torso_cap_head_off

torso_cap_hips_off

torso_cap_l_arm_off

torso_cap_r_arm_off

l_leg

r_leg

l_leg_cap_hips_off

*l_leg_foot

*l_leg_cap_hips

*l_leg_calf

r_leg_cap_hips_off

*r_leg_foot

*r_leg_cap_hips

*r_leg_calf

( Press any Key ... )

And then when I press any key, I get the familiar "Error 1, Build failed" message window.

I had a problem like that once. What I did is re link everything, and then redo the heirarchy.

And if you're having the problem where the dos window closes, just make a shortcut to dos on your desktop and right click on it then select the program tab and uncheck the close on finish thing. That'll fix that. Now for scrolling, I have no clue lol. But that sounds like a heirarchy problem (like I'm havin wit servo)

BINGO!

That was the problem. There were meshes in model project that were not properly linked in the hierarchy. For instance, I had a mesh for the hair that was separate from the head and it was not linked as a child to any other mesh. Difficult to believe I missed that one but I did.

I'm now getting error messages about verts having more than 4 bone weights. I'm pretty sure I can deal with this problem.

Thanks, guys, for the thoughtful help.

Archived