Home

assigning individual weapons to individual characters

Bucke

ive modifed(skinned) a saber handle but i want to assign it to an individual custom character.

under the weapons directory luke and reborn have their own sabers.

what do i do to assign the saber to my character only?

p.s. this is for a multiplayer charcter

i dont think its possible. as far as i know the saber is coded to go to different models, like the saber_reborn saber model goes to reborns AND tavion, that would make me assume that its not a simple matter of making a new folder called saber_<your characters name>.

I'm sure it's entirely possible, though it would require re-coding some stuff. You might want to ask this question in the Coding forum. I personally would love to see a Mod that includes the ability of simply creating a Saber_CharacterName folder with all the files and having it automatically be used by that character (ie, a model/skin in a BobDole folder would automatically use either a generic saber, or if available, a saber located in saber_BobDole). I'm willing to bet it can be done by one of those guys in the Coding forum :)

Originally posted by BradFu

I'm sure it's entirely possible, though it would require re-coding some stuff. You might want to ask this question in the Coding forum. I personally would love to see a Mod that includes the ability of simply creating a Saber_CharacterName folder with all the files and having it automatically be used by that character (ie, a model/skin in a BobDole folder would automatically use either a generic saber, or if available, a saber located in saber_BobDole). I'm willing to bet it can be done by one of those guys in the Coding forum :)

thanks. i didn't realise this wasn't currently "do-able". I have posted a request in the coding forum

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=77784

>crosses fingers<

Originally posted by Darth-Nasty

with jedimod you can assign lightsaber hilts to individual bots

but i dont think it is possible to do it in single player yet.

(except for replacements for luke, desann, reborn)

well i want to be able to assign the new hilt for a charcter i have created to play on multiplayer.

i think the jedi mod just assigns them to existing charcters and doesnt let you do it yourself.

Archived