Home

4 a jkii.net team member Re. PlasmaSkins

Plasmacoolant

Hi guys, I haven't received a response to my emails from Aristotle so I am posting a quick message here.

Basically I cannot login to PlasmaSkins via ftp. I get a login error. This problem occured just after the server DNS problem for hosted sites a few weeks back.

In addition to this alot of my content has been erased and all my pages have reverted to earlier versions.

I am getting tons of mail regarding updates so I would like to know when this problem can be resolved.

please email me at: plasmacoolant@hotmail.com

Thank you.

Plasma.

You were most likely ftp'ing to http://www.jediknightii.net to get to your website. Now you'll need to log into plasmaskins.jediknightii.net w/ your same username and password you used before.

Your site changes may be lost though. They were lost for my hosted site, so watch out for that. Apparently the hosted server was under quite a bit of stain a few months ago, so the jkii.net admins got a new ones & copied all our sites over to the new box (this was back in July). They didn't really tell us that ran the sites that servers were changed, and DNS hadn't been updated to the new box, so we were all still uploading our sites to the old server. Once the DNS switchover finally took place in mid august we had to start FTP'ing to hosted-site-name.jediknightii.net. From what I know all our changes are sitting on the old server & are lost now. Gotta suck it up & hope you made backups. :)

Let me know if they reply to you. I have a bear of a time getting a hold of any of the sysadmins 'round here.

Thanks for that, your a prince. I logged in without a problem. I was not properly informed about the change in the server settings.

I was actually planning to email another hosted site but since it really isn't your/their problem I was planning to leave that as a last resort.

I was wise enough to back-up my pages.

I have sent at least 10 emails to various people in the last fortnight. I received a response from Aristotle about a week and a half ago and nothing since, I also emailed Eets, who was very helpful even though he was not the right person to contact about this.

Thanks again.

Plasma.

Archived