Home

Computers...what company is for you?

Captain Fett

Computers...what company is for you?  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Computers...what company is for you?

• DELL
    • Gateway
    • E-Machines
    • Compaq
    • HP
    • Other

Hey, people! Just wondering: which computer company is your fave? Vote, c'mon, ya know you want to!

Anyway, I chose DELL, because I want one so bad, I know lots of people who own DELLs (they can't say enough good stuff about them!), they look cool, and I think the "Steve" comercials are hillarious! Plus, I own a stinkin Compaq and the thing is soooo slow! I know people who have the same amount of stuff in theirs and theirs are not near as slow as mine! I hate it! I need a DELL!

Guest crazy_dog

DELL-DA-DELL-DA-DELL-DA-DELL-DA-DELL-DA-DELL-DA-DELL-DA-DELLL-DAAAA, BATMAN BATMAN BATMAN!

I prefer Dell of course, cos' that's the one I have. :D

Everything besides Gateway and Dell is a waste of time, unless you get it custom. But i like Gateway better, i'm hoping to get a new custom one before or at Chrsitmas. Also, a company known as AlienWare makes some nice custom ones. They look awesome and run great, i know someone who has one.

Guest Boba Rhett

Gateways are overpriced and are not easily customized but beside that, the're ok. Ted Waitt still stops by the Gateway country here every once and awhile. He looks kinda weird too. :eek:

Originally posted by Boba Rhett

Gateways are overpriced and are not easily customized but beside that, the're ok. Ted Waitt still stops by the Gateway country here every once and awhile. He looks kinda weird too. :eek:

They aren't overpriced, Dells just seem cheaper coz they seel crappy moniters standard. Plus, the one i have now was customied, it is done very easily.

Guest Boba Rhett

On average, of the systems I compared between the two, Dell's were several hundred dollors less and came with a monitor in the package. Why do you think Gateways been losing so much money for the last several years? :rolleyes:

And I meant that Gateways are not easily customized at home. All sorts of problems pop up with them. If you want something custom on it, they want you to have to come to them.

Originally posted by Sherack Nhar

My favourite brand would be Sherack Nhar.

I heard Falcon Northwest makes some nice one for gamers too, as do Alienware.

Yeah, the way that alienware's towers look would make you want one. And thats before they put in a fast processor and an awesome graphics card. I want one, but i don't know if i can rely on it like i can a brand name. Thats the only thing holding me back from building my own. That, and i don't have a whole lot of time anymore. I'd really love to build the motherboard and all from scratch, not just put the pices you buy together, but that would really take a while. Oh well.....

ALIEN WARE

This company ALWAYS gets PC Gamer's Editor's Choice Award. These people go for quality.(Unlike Dell and HP and Gateway:mad: ) They get the top of the line stuff and make it run better than the system specs allow. If you want the best quality computer then get it from these guys. They know their stuff.

They can be reached at http://www.alienware.com

What?!? I've looked at ones over there, and i made one that would be the best you could get expect for only a 1.8ghz. Its only $2011 a really good deal.

Originally posted by Boba Rhett

yeah but their also like 3000 bucks....

No. Only if you heavily customize.

The Grey is $999

The Arura DDR is like $2,200

And of course...the Area 51 is only $2,700

None of those are 3000 bucks and all of them are VERY good machines...well worth the money.

Tie Guy's un-informed comment ;)

1.8ghz

Um...TIE Guy...they have switched over to 2.0Ghz...just leting you know.

Does anyone know about NVIDA's new line of comps???

I saw the ad and they don't seem so out of the ordinary...

Guest Boba Rhett

I didn't say they were 3,000. I said they were like 3,000. Out of the latest pc gamer issue, the area 51 is $2,799.00. That's "like" 3,000. :)

And if I was going to buy a computer from them, I'd only go for the area 51. If you heavily customized one, it could easily get up to and over 5,000.

Archived