Home

X-Box anyone? Anyone at all?

Guest Maul Clone

Guest Maul Clone

So anyone out there going to buy a Microsoft X-Box?

I'm not and here's why: I don't want another machine in my house that crashes 4 times a day. X-Box better be damn BUG FREE! Microsoft should stick to doing it's abusive lame redundant job with Windows, that crap don't cut it in the console market. PSX2 will be better anyway and have better titles and comes out sooner. And just for spite, no matter how cool the games look I will never buy it out of hatered for Bill Gates.

Nintendo Dolphin will be a good system, but probably won't have as good and many games as PSX2. So I will probably skip it too. Plus, I just aint waiting that long.

Guest DarthGohan1016

Iam going to get ps2 and Nintendo Dolphin when they come out, but I think Dolphin will be as good as ps2 or better

------------------

Untitled-1.jpg

Guest Jedi Kanigget

Whoever designed the actual X-Box wasn't concerned for space. It's too big. And the majority of it is probably just for looks.

My guess is PSX2 will do much better than all of the game consoles. N64 has better graphics and all compared to PSX, yet there are more PSXs bought each year than N64s.

------------------

SigFinII.jpg

Darth Wart's Strategy Guide in a friendly, easy to use form!(Sorry, that was bad.)

http://JediPowerBattlesGuide.homestead.com/JPB.html

Guest Kurgan

It all depends on the quality and quantity of game available and if the system/games are reasonably priced.

I could care less about ping-pong balls and dancing robots, honestly. ; )

Kurgan

[This message has been edited by Kurgan (edited May 19, 2000).]

Guest ShadeShifter

I heard that Gates is hoping that computer gaming companies will port their games over to X-Box. Personally, I would rather get the games on PC.

The console market, in the past, has been show to support only 2 major players, for example the NES and the Sega Master System, the SNES and the Genesis. Other companies tried to cut in on the market (Atari Jaguar, TurboGraphix 16, 3DO), but they only took a marginal share. If I had to predict I would definately say that Playstation 2 will survive (because of backwards comptibility, DVD, HardDrive), but only time will tell what will happen to the other 3.

------------------

newsig.jpg

Guest Jedi Joe

im going to get x box because it's going to kick ass... and it beats playstation by like 200% for everything X box is going to be better

Guest 84Elan

Hey Joe, The 64 beats the PS buy 200% too with twice the power yet it blows. I first bought a 64 but then got feed up will poor games,canceled games, and no games ie April? No games at all. You can count the number of great games on one hand for the 64.

Nintendo has gone the way of the Kiddie market with Pokemoney. I mean the game boy out sells the 64 game boy was big when I was in Jr. High for crying out loud.(many moons ago) More power does not mean better games and all around system. As for the Dolphin I will believe it when I see it. Nintendo has some real market share to get back in the older demographics group upper teens to 20's+.

<font face="BernardMod BT"><font color="green1">I won't touch the X Box with a 10 foot cattle prod. Everything Microsoft does sucks and they're using Windows and Direct X technology to run the X Box. Windows & Direct X... great technology there.

There will probably be plenty of games for the X Box-- Microsoft has shown great skill at elbowing companies into doing what Microsoft wants them to do. They've never cared about the quality of their products-- only quantity. And the company's never created anything original. All its software is either cloned or purchased form someone else. Occasionally they buy another company's programers to do it.

I never thought Emperor Palpatine would turn out to look like Bill Gates.

------------------

Jedi3.jpg

Master Qui-Gon, Jedi Master

Always remember, your focus determines your reality.

[This message has been edited by Master Qui-Gon (edited May 19, 2000).]

Guest Jedi Kenobi

I am selling my PSX before the PS2 comes out and buying a PS2.

------------------

obi_large.jpg

Jedi Kenobi

Jedi Knight

Guest Jedi Kenobi

This is probably a stupid question, but why is it abbreviated PSX? There isn't an X in playstation.

------------------

obi_large.jpg

Jedi Kenobi

Jedi Knight

Guest Kurgan

I have no idea why they say PSX and not PS or something like that.

Why did the name "N64" stick and not "Ultra64" or "U64"? Why was it TurboGrafX and not TurboGraphics?

Some marketing folks probably thought it just looked and/or sounded cooler and more gimmicky.

Hmm, Obi-Wan for the X-Box.. hmmmmm...

Kurgan

Archived