Home

New Patch

ExarDunnan

Originally posted by FatalStrike

While playing Spider Al's servers I noticed that 1.04 players are already spamming DFA's. So there really isn't a question of reintroducing anything.

If it were up to me I would remove FFA out of the equation when designing promod. FFA is always going to be a spamfest. I play FFA only so that I can duel without having to wait an hour if I lose.

As it stands DFA's have very limited use in duels and BS's have zero effective use. I would say that you just make the special moves weaker and not instant kills but make them viable to use.

Make your mind up groupie, so "you" want damage reduced now, gosh, i never thought I'd hear you say that. All i can say is I'm glad I converted you to breadstick fighting.;):p:D

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Jah Warrior

Make your mind up groupie, so "you" want damage reduced now, gosh, i never thought I'd hear you say that. All i can say is I'm glad I converted you to breadstick fighting.;):p:D

no No NO!!

I don't want saber damage reduced for regular sabers, but since special moves have caused problems in past version of the game. They should be useful but not turn duels into battles of who can land a special move first.

For example a spinning Back Spin would be perfect for promod duels where players are trying to get at your sides and backs. You could bate them to attack you side step forward and strafe and then nail them with a back spin. That said it shouldn't kill them right away. If they are weak already then they are gonners but no hit should be stronger then a heavy ProMod.

The point is Jah that I see what you have been saying about DFA's and BS taking over the game. So while I enjoy using these very cool looking attacks, I don't think they should be the "end-all" of dueling. Landing a DFA should not get you an automatic win. That said, I think a DFA should be less nerfed in the sense of landing one, yet weaker.

Also the DFA should hurt you if you land on it while the player has a saber over their head. How many time do you launch a DFA as someone is about to land only to have them slide off your saber damage free, how stupid is that. Now THAT is a bug.

no No NO!!

I don't want saber damage reduced for regular sabers, but since special moves have caused problems in past version of the game. They should be useful but not turn duels into battles of who can land a special move first.

For example a spinning Back Spin would be perfect for promod duels where players are trying to get at your sides and backs. You could bate them to attack you side step forward and strafe and then nail them with a back spin. That said it shouldn't kill them right away. If they are weak already then they are gonners but no hit should be stronger then a heavy ProMod.

The point is Jah that I see what you have been saying about DFA's and BS taking over the game. So while I enjoy using these very cool looking attacks, I don't think they should be the "end-all" of dueling. Landing a DFA should not get you an automatic win. That said, I think a DFA should be less nerfed in the sense of landing one, yet weaker.

Also the DFA should hurt you if you land on it while the player has a saber over their head. How many time do you launch a DFA as someone is about to land only to have them slide off your saber damage free, how stupid is that. Now THAT is a bug.

LOL you are confused man!!!

Ah poor kid. dont worry sounds it sounds like you are heading in the right direction. Honestly you do give me some great laughs so keep it up mate:)

*sigh* :disaprove

Just when I thought I could get some real debate going....

If you must slip back into flaming then so be it. If you are calling me a kid you must be in your older then me, which would make almost 30, if you aren't almost 30, show some respect to your elders son.

As for great laughs - Art addressed your gun concern yet you still won't accept the idea. Do you have to have weak sabers to stand up for yourself? Ha!

Are you happy now Jah?

By the way I got that yellow paint, show up at Spider Al's suggested servers so I can apply a nice thick coat to that poor excuse for a spine of yours.

Am i a groupie for being thankful for someone who is making a mod out of thier own free time? Bah.

I know you are more worried about nf duels and you don't want all the skills you made to suddenly be usless or having a drastically different game, which is fine, but don't instult others for not caring about it, it is a valid point in your eyes but not everyone's.

No, i don't want to start any flame war Jah, but it is kinda annoying when you do that.

Anyway, i would want to be part of an weekly server gathering, if ping isnt too bad, because when i connected to jah's server i had quite a high ping, didnt effect me much but others might not be so lucky...

*sigh* :disaprove

Just when I thought I could get some real debate going....

If you must slip back into flaming then so be it. If you are calling me a kid you must be in your older then me, which would make almost 30, if you aren't almost 30, show some respect to your elders son.

As for great laughs - Art addressed your gun concern yet you still won't accept the idea. Do you have to have weak sabers to stand up for yourself? Ha!

Are you happy now Jah?

By the way I got that yellow paint, show up at Spider Al's suggested servers so I can apply a nice thick coat to that poor excuse for a spine of yours.

I told you before I have a server where we can play, promod if you wish. I wanna play you with mega damage and with sane damage also. None of this full force ffa with guns nonsense. duel 1 on 1. One set of 10 with default promod damage and one set of 10 with sensible (tweaked) damage.

Like I say you havent even tried the settings i mentioned perhaps its time you experienced it. At least then you would have an informed opinion rather than just cruising for a reaction from people by making arguments of things you know nothing of.:rolleyes: I've tried both and I know which i prefer, you've tried one setting and have made your mind up from that. Is it not logical to use a comparison?!?!

Having an opinion and being opinionated are two different things sonny boy.

Originally posted by zerowingzero

Am i a groupie for being thankful for someone who is making a mod out of thier own free time? Bah.

I know you are more worried about nf duels and you don't want all the skills you made to suddenly be usless or having a drastically different game, which is fine, but don't instult others for not caring about it, it is a valid point in your eyes but not everyone's.

No, i don't want to start any flame war Jah, but it is kinda annoying when you do that.

Anyway, i would want to be part of an weekly server gathering, if ping isnt too bad, because when i connected to jah's server i had quite a high ping, didnt effect me much but others might not be so lucky...

Dude,

I aint flaming You nor Artifex, what Artifex is attempting to do with promod is nothing short of heroic.

As promod is at the moment it is FAR from a finished article and I'm sure Artifex will agree with that. It does not cater in the slightest for duel servers in its present form and as such needs tweaking to make it so... be it server side or worked into later betas or (fingers crossed) a finished article.

As for bringing back the old moves that everyone whined about if they are tweaked in a way like Fatal outlined earlier then that does not sound too bad, but it will need to be done very very carefully.

As far as this flame war between myself and FatalStroke, its a war of words and means nothing, and for the record I did not instigate the WAR!!! muhahahaha. Don't take it too seriously Zero, I certainly am not.

You did refer to me as "ArtifeX's personal fanclub" awhile back too.

And those buggy "spining moves" are gone, so after this version i am to belive any bugs that may be found will be the result of new added features, like the duel sabers or somthing, and i agree that it isnt done, but as it is Promod beta 2 is VERY playable in ffas

I told you before I have a server where we can play, promod if you wish. I wanna play you with mega damage and with sane damage also. None of this full force ffa with guns nonsense. duel 1 on 1. One set of 10 with default promod damage and one set of 10 with sensible (tweaked) damage.

Like I say you havent even tried the settings i mentioned perhaps its time you experienced it. At least then you would have an informed opinion rather than just cruising for a reaction from people by making arguments of things you know nothing of.:rolleyes: I've tried both and I know which i prefer, you've tried one setting and have made your mind up from that. Is it not logical to use a comparison?!?!

Having an opinion and being opinionated are two different things sonny boy.

LoL Jah, what is your server name. I need some practice on it first and then you are on. I shouldn't need to long so lets play this weekend. That good for you?

you opinionated bastard lol :D

LoL Jah, what is your server name. I need some practice on it first and then you are on. I shouldn't need to long so lets play this weekend. That good for you?

you opinionated bastard lol :D

Cool wiv me bro, I'm at a weding on saturday, (thankfully not mine) but I'm sure we can fix something up.

will PM you when I get a slot sorted.

any preference of map?

I think matrix dojo is a fairly even map but if you have a fave or something and i got it we can do that. we got most of the decent ones so its your call.

*reaches for steroids and ounce of amphetamines*

Yeah I'm opinionated;)

especially if it gets you started :D;)

Originally posted by ExarDunnan

I think that raven should release a new patch that enhances gameplay some. For one thing, if you shoot someone with a killing blow when trhey are in the air, they'll have the regular falling motion, but they're already "laying down" in the air before they hit the ground. Also, if you pull a corpse off the ground, they'll fly around stiff as a board (then make a nice WHOMP noise when they hit the ground, but that's not the point). I think the in-air animations should be improved, like if they just kinda fliped around when they fell. It probably seems kinda picky of me to be annoyed by this, but I think that if the lifeless stormtrooper corpses are going to fly through the air, they should do it with style!!!

Uh, all of those suggestions have absolutely nothing with gameplay. They're all cosmetic and will probably take it's toll on FPS as well. How can you concentrate on the death animation of one opponent when there are a dozen more aiming at you in an FFA?

Right. Patches are more gameplay-correction oriented than graphics updates.

EDIT: I'm just going to bypass the clash of egos ^_^

Originally posted by zerowingzero

You did refer to me as "ArtifeX's personal fanclub" awhile back too.

And those buggy "spining moves" are gone, so after this version i am to belive any bugs that may be found will be the result of new added features, like the duel sabers or somthing, and i agree that it isnt done, but as it is Promod beta 2 is VERY playable in ffas

Zero man I dunno where you're getting all this that I flamed you, Its very weird mate. Take my word, nothing directed at you in what I've posted. F'real.

When you came over to the server that day I thought you were a stand up guy so this confuses me.:(

Cool wiv me bro, I'm at a weding on saturday, (thankfully not mine) but I'm sure we can fix something up.

will PM you when I get a slot sorted.

any preference of map?

I think matrix dojo is a fairly even map but if you have a fave or something and i got it we can do that. we got most of the decent ones so its your call.

I don't have the matrix Dojo but allow the server to download and I will DL it from there. I don't really care wich duel area it is, as long as it has flat areas in which to duel.

Hey can you allow force jumping? I don't really like no force jumping, but if it a big deal its not that important.

*reaches for steroids and ounce of amphetamines*

Yeah I'm opinionated;)

especially if it gets you started :D;)

Are you hitting on me? Sorry man I'm not into guys, but your sister/female cousin/mom can call drop me a line if she wants.

I don't have the matrix Dojo but allow the server to download and I will DL it from there. I don't really care wich duel area it is, as long as it has flat areas in which to duel.

Hey can you allow force jumping? I don't really like no force jumping, but if it a big deal its not that important.

Are you hitting on me? Sorry man I'm not into guys, but your sister/female cousin/mom can call drop me a line if she wants.

Yeah jump enabled, we may as well make it a default map then, it dont matter which as long as not battleground jedi.

As for hitting 'on' you, i'll pass but I'd love to 'hit' you junior.;):lsduel:

I'd be willing to dedicate a night for some saber-only gaming.

How does every thursday at 8:00pm EST (-5 GMT) sound? That'd give me a chance to answer questions for anyone new to the game also.

Maybe then Jah and Fatal could work out some frustrations on the other's person. :o

Yeah jump enabled, we may as well make it a default map then, it dont matter which as long as not battleground jedi.

Cool.

As for hitting 'on' you, i'll pass but I'd love to 'hit' you junior.;):lsduel:

hehe well said!

Originally posted by ArtifeX

I'd be willing to dedicate a night for some saber-only gaming.

How does every thursday at 8:00pm EST (-5 GMT) sound? That'd give me a chance to answer questions for anyone new to the game also.

Maybe then Jah and Fatal could work out some frustrations on the other's person. :o

Shameless Plug!!!

I will cruise by for some ProMod on Thursday, I have been playing on the servers Spider Al suggested and I am getting sick of clan member that think they "own" and then call me a "heavy whore" when I kill them.

Originally posted by DeTRiTiC-iQ

Which clans? There are only about 10 decent clans remaining.

The guys who were buggin on the duel server were [sOD] don't ask me what that stands for, I haven't a clue.

The SASHA clan guys all seem to be pretty cool, they demand rematches when they get beat in FFA duels immediately, but they lose and win without being jerks.

...and I got my @ss handed to me.

Jah is very good at his dueling. I had bad ping and he had 3 (3 for christ's sake!!) but he would have beaten me with 700 ping.

We then went to ProMod and I beat Jah pretty bad.

All in all I think that Jah and I are pretty even but I give Jah a slight edge skill wise.

Now if Spider AL would show up we could finish this long hijacked thread!!

...and I got my @ss handed to me.

Jah is very good at his dueling. I had bad ping and he had 3 (3 for christ's sake!!) but he would have beaten me with 700 ping.

We then went to ProMod and I beat Jah pretty bad.

All in all I think that Jah and I are pretty even but I give Jah a slight edge skill wise.

Now if Spider AL would show up we could finish this long hijacked thread!!

Yeah man i'm pretty much spoilt with my ping but in fairness with a ping of 170, you were doing the bizznizz. FFS you landed a DFA on me and that never happens :eek: It would be quality if we could guarantee identical ping but what with the atlantic in between us that will never happen.

I may well pass by artifex's server more often though, I was way out of my depth with promod and a bit of practice wouldn't go amiss. I'd tried it for a week after beta 2 was released and had to shelve it because the regulars at Hermes Place were not so keen on it either.

It does raise an interesting question though:-

While it is plain to see that Promod does wonders for the FFA gametype, and also balances the effectiveness of guns vs sabers, it's not so great for duelling.

Whilst duelling in a FFA only a fool would accept a duel without 100 shields in promod. Now, in duel gametype you always start with 100/25 and as such that will make games shorter, hence this is why we lower the damage. If we started with 100/100 then perhaps higher damage would be warranted.

Personally i would rather get rid of shields altogether and just start on 100 health, how many times do you see luke skywalker pick up shields in a battle?

Ultimately does this warrant a different version of promod for the duel gametype?

I believe it would be a damn good idea, Full force FFA with guns really couldn't be more different to No Force saber only duelling.

There is nothing as such that needs balancing in duel games it's a very pure from of combat, each player starts out with the same weapons and thats how it stays for the duration of the match. There is no need to up the effectiveness of the saber in this gametype and like I say lowering damage can lead to some very intense matches. The ability to land a string of moves as opposed to finding say one or two openings makes it trickier and hence more fun. A player that can land a number of hits should by rights win over someone who will only land one or two. Is that not logical?

It's quite strange really, while duelling in promod it was obvious that using yellow or blue stance was not a good idea, apart from a defensive standpoint. There is little incentive to use anything other than red when it can deal that sort of damage. It's only very slightly more difficult to land a hit with red stance than blue or yellow yet the difference in HP loss are dramatic. Correct me if I'm wrong but doesnt red have a greater range than yellow and blue.

If promod is a quest for realism then surely all blasters would be 1 hit kills (ffs stormtroopers drop like flies and they have armour!), any single hit with a saber would immobilise an opponent if not kill them. If you kick someone and you fly back 20 feet then the laws of physics would surely dictate that every action has an equal opposite reaction, so should the person you've kicked not be sent 20 feet the opposite direction? (read Isaac Newton)

I think realism does not necessarily equate to fun, and as such this needs to be taken into account.

These comments are not derogatory trust me they are just ideas.

And for the record Fatal, i couldnt believe you were actually a decent fella after all this crap, good on ya bro!:D

Originally posted by DeTRiTiC-iQ

Anyway the point I was making before is that I feel that to in order to evade an attack you must at least have the beginnings of "skill", just sticking some force power into saber defence and firing it up, making you immune to most rapid weapons and sniper fire, somewhat cheapens the skill of decent gunners. If there was something which made saber blocking have the same effectiveness IF you do something which requires skill it might work... I dunno maybe have it so that to block rage-enhanced stormie rifle fire you need to be using speed or rage yourself. Of course this implementation might unbalance the game in other ways.

Actually, me and Y have come up with a system to solve that exact problem as part of Masters of the Force. I'd rather not talk about it here thou. We don't want people ripping off our ideas.

Archived