Home

Stealing Lightsabers

Jrob

This goes to all of you great coders, modelers, and skinners out there. Is there any way someone could deflect an opponent's saber throw and when it is on the groud you could forcepull it to u and use it against them. I don't know just thought I would throw that idea at u.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Think outside of the Box

:cool: At first I'd say NO but then when I think about it we can already do that with guns can't we?

The only TRICK though is that you'd be 'stuck' with your own lightsaber. If your enemy, say, as a Dooku hilt with a red blade you'd grab it and end up with Kyle's hilt and a blue blade...

It would be cool for a scripted sequnce though, like in the original Jedi Knight where Kyle takes up Yun's saber.

:cool: Yea.. like I said before, nothing is outright impossible, just dificult to the point of being impractical. You could always form your own company, get the Quake engine and build your own game...

.. but you won't.

Still, by us asking the questions theres a chance that eventually such things can be done in a game. Say, for example Lucasarts comissions a JKII expantion they would take all these ideas seriously. We didn't get 'gimmick' sabers before but I'd bet you my shirt that the next Jedi Knight game will have multiple melle weapons/options.

(to be fair Knights of the Old Republic doesn't count)

Archived