Home

Testing you character?

SuperFLY

Might sound like a dumb question but whats the best way to see the result of your skinning? I mean the back is fine but when I enter the game I have to get others to take screenshots of my character so I can see how I look from all sides, now I know there must be an easier way to do this right?

Thx in Advance!

Just start a game, open the console (with shift & ½) then type devmap mapname (example devmap ffa_bespin). The match will restart and cheats will be enabled. Open the console and type cg_thirdpersonangle 180. You will now see you character from the front. If you want to zoom in or out just type cg_thirdpersonrange number (example cg_thirdpersonrange 125)

To see him from the sides just type cg_thirdpersonangle 250 to see him fom the left side and cg_thirdpersonangle 80 to see him from the right side.

Originally posted by SuperFLY

Might sound like a dumb question but whats the best way to see the result of your skinning? I mean the back is fine but when I enter the game I have to get others to take screenshots of my character so I can see how I look from all sides, now I know there must be an easier way to do this right?

Thx in Advance!

IMHO, the best way is to use modview. It's in the raven sdk.

Archived