Home

Icarus - Force and Attack

ondrahosek

Nope. Don't want that. I want the Icarus code sample for getting an NPC to use the Force. I have already found out how to fire something. I will now only need the Force using. Let's say:

affect ( "the_stormtrooper_with_the_big_nose" )

{

set ( SET_FORCE_PUSH_LEVEL, 3 );

set ( SET_USE_FORCE_PUSH, "true" );

wait ( 1000 );

set ( SET_USE_FORCE_PUSH, "false" );

}

I know the line with the Force Push usage is invented by me, but I am looking for the "real" equivalent.

Understand it now?

Thanks.

Any idea of how to make a npc use other types of guns besides the blaster? I've tried the "SET_WEAPON" and set that to the type of weapon eg. "WP_REPEATER", but that doesn't seem to work.

Any solutions as how to get a npc to use specific force powers at a given time (considering that that was the initial thread question) ?

well you probably put Set_force(i am not sure though)and the force names are:

FP_HEAL

FP_LEVITATION(note:jump)

FP_SPEED

FP_PUSH

FP_PULL

FP_TELEPATHY(note:mind trick)

FP_GRIP

FP_LIGHTNING

FP_RAGE

FP_PROTECT

FP_ABSORB

FP_TEAM_HEAL

FP_TEAM_FORCE

FP_DRAIN

FP_SEE

FP_SABERATTACK

FP_SABERDEFEND

FP_SABERTHROW

i hope this helps.

hmmm see i am a coder for jk2 and i know in the code run a forcxe you do:

WP_ForcePowerStart( ent, FP_TELEPATHY, 0 );

so that might be what you are looking for. also the ent might be self,and the 0 is the force amount it takes.and with the force level it does it to the force level the person has,or if you want to automatyically set the force level then you type:

ent->client->ps.fd.forcePowerLevel[FP_TELEPATHY] = FORCE_LEVEL_3;

and yes i am sure that there is a fp prefex in front of all the force fowers,juyst like theres a wp prefix infront of the weapons.

also this might be a dumb questionb but what is icarus???????????is that like a bot thing?

Nope, Icarus is for scripting in levels and maps. It lets you do cinematics (cutscenes), show the credits, play sounds, set the behavior of the player, kill the player,... I would like to use a force power in a cinematic. Like Kyle using it to push the stairs in the Yavin Temple to fall into a hole that leads him to Desann. I couldn't find the code for this cutscene, so I think I might ask someone on the forum or maybe Raven...

I am happy I could help.

Archived