Home

Carcass error

Madjai

Warning: Surface can't use shadows, #verts<564> > SHADER_MAX_VERTS/2 <500> < "head" >

ive gotten this error before and just ignored it because it still built the glm and didnt appear to affect the model, but my skinner for Jerec has shown me this, http://www.geocities.com/madpostal2002/j1.txt

its hard to see but if you look at his mouth there are dark lines that only appear ingame. i was wondering if this error could be the problem, and was hoping someone knows how to fix it.

Heh...I've come across that one too...it's kind of self explanatory: you have a piece of geometry (one object, in this case the "head" object) in your model which has more than 500 verts, which is too much for the poor shader engine (which creates shadows, lights etc to show up on your model) to handle.

Just detach a piece of that object (the neck?...enough to reduce the vertex count below 500, at any rate) as a new object (remember to reweigh!), and hey, presto, problem solved.

Yeah, I get this error every time I compile Qui-Gon, his head only has 407 verts, and 718 faces on it, so I'm not sure exactly why I get this error. It's not a problem though for me, the head looks completely normal

Very wierd indeed, it's not the smoothing groups perhaps is it?

heheh, kinda looks like jerec has bitter beer face*.

*Bitter Beer Face is copyright 1989 the Coors Brewing Company, Golden, Colorado. Keystone Light and the Keystone Light logo cannot be used without expressed WRITTEN permission by Coors Brewing Company.

Jerec, the Dark Jedi, is not an "official" spokesperson of the Coors Brewing Company, and therefore does not promote this product NOR condone underage drinking.

The views posted by this user are in no way the views shared by Jerec, the Dark Jedi, and/or the Coors Brewing Company.

DRINK RESPONSIBLY!

Archived