Home

Dead To Rights, Xbox

Taos

I just picked up Dead To Rights for Xbox this morning, haven't played it...yet. Looks incredible!

A little background: Put out by Namco, FPS, with 15 levels and mini-games as well.

Cool features: Human shields:)...SLOW-MOTION GUNPLAY :D (that's what I'm talkin' about!!!) and cinematic player controlled cameras!!:p

Rated: M for blood, mature sexual themes :naughty:, and (believe it or not) violence!!;) Sounds like my favorite things all together at one place!! :D

I'll check back later with another review of the game.....

LT

Also-I"m sure you are all dying in anticipation......;)

Ok here we go.....

Gameplay is great.........the camera (with the right thumb) only goes from side to side(not up and down) around our hero Jack Slate! But that is 360 degrees around, so it is kind of tough to get used to. I am managing just fine. He does look up and down when you lock on to an enemy though.

I'm only just learning the game, I'm on the 3rd level. One of the coolest parts (besides the graphics and sound) is the human shield....you go up right behind a guy and then you hold him while you are shooting at other enemies! In level 2, I had killed all of the enemy's and I still had the guy as my shield, well I let him go and then I pressed some buttons and Slate killed the guy execution style!! I'm thinkin' sweet!! The slow-mo stuff is pretty amazing too, I'm just not that good at using it yet.

You guys (and gals) have got to check this game out!! At least rent it if nothing else, it will be worthwhile!! :D

Originally posted by $am

Ive played it's pretty good kinda hard on some levels but still fun.

I like the thing were you throw a fire extinguisher then shoot it in mid air and blow everybody up.

Yeah, I enjoy that part as well.:D It is pretty hard on some levels.......I'm on the 4th level now and in the room where the three ladies come out with shotguns and you have to protect that one lady......I'm just gettin' my butt kicked!

I am really enjoying it though and one thing I like about it is the variety.......you don't just run around and shoot people all of the time....you have to fight, disarm, and use the dog (which is pretty cool, I think).

Everyone needs to check this game out!!!:D

Ok, I've been waiting to post some negatives about the game.......with the server being down, I've been waiting a while.

One part that is not so good is the hand to hand combat......you can only fight the guy in front of you and the punch/kicks are pretty standard and boring. Nothing you haven't seen before. So if you are surrounded by 10 guys you will most likely get your butt kicked because you can't hit anyone but one person (the guy in front of you).

Next is the gun play........while the targeting is cool, you can't specify where you want to shoot someone......it is just locked onto an enemy and it will tell you if that person is within a certain range or not. So you can't shoot ppl in the head or anything cool like that. Guess I'll have to check out Hitman 2 which is very cool from what I understand!!

I'm on the 13th of 15 levels, a very fun story though, I am enjoying the game....even if some of it is not so good. When was the last time you played a perfect game?????

Ok, I'm still on the 13th level.......the end level boss is very tough to beat. I've kinda given up trying for now.....

I wanted to comment about the games replayability........it is really good! All of those cool moves you were just trying to get the hang of the first time around you can now be very good with during the second.

It has made playing the game soooo much fun when you can be good at the special moves (duh??) :D

Archived