Home

how do u create a server over the internet?

Matt-Liell

Ok, if you do it through Jedi Knight II menus.. you're most likely creating a listen server... UNLESS you change the server type to 'Dedicated', then when you click "create' JK2 should close and that little yellow box you see when the game first loads should pop up, do a bunch of stuff and sit there.

Now, either way... if you try to find your game, it will always be listed under Local.. because it's just that, it's a local game

But, to others, it's listed under the 'Internet' listing, and also under the 'Favorite' listing to anyone who added your server as a favourite

And don't even bother trying to host a server until you get cable,... lag out the wazoo

I dunno, I haven't ever had more than one person, and I have cable...

I would probably say... 4 to 6?(I think that's what you said)... ADSL is good for roughly 10... but it's a bit faster than cable. Try it out, and come back and tell us :p

-edit- I heard it took something like 60KB of downstream speed per client for them to have a un-laggy environment.. Something like that

Well, if it's also laggy on your side (server side) also, it's not your connection, it's your computer

It also really depends on your ISP

I mean, on a good day, I get over 2mbit down, and over 350 up...

Meanwhile, my friend only gets 1mbit down, and somethin like 100 up...

And yea, we both have cable

Archived