Home

Easter egg in the pit map!

zworqy

Hey, I found an easter egg in the map called "pit" (load it by typing map pit in the SP console)!

When playing the map you'll notice that you can jump to the platforms to your right and left, but not straight across the room, not even with jump at level 3. But if you go UNDER a platform and jump up into it you will be propelled onto the opposite platform, kinda like in Bespin.

An "easter egg", for future reference, is not a glitch in the map, or something that can be exploited. It is, however, a coders/mapers/designers/artists/modelers/etc inside joke so to speak. For instance the fact that ET is in The Phantom Menace in the senatorial chamber, that would be an easter egg. The supposed x-wing/tie-fighter canyon run from SW EP4 that is supposed to be somewhere in Attack of the Clones, that's an easter egg. Or the Images of C3PO and R2D2 on the arc in Raiders of the Lost Arc. Stuff like that are easter eggs. A broader definition would include hidden secrets in maps that are there intentionally, like a wall you can pass through to get to some special power up, etc.

That was classic:)

I remember I used to let him run around the valley of jedi level

with all the stormtroopers. Just spawn him and close the door...

The problem was when you had to go back into that room...:)

Originally posted by Spider AL

Anyone remember the first Max easter-egg from JK1? That was enjoyable in a homicidal kind of way... He always ended up shooting innocent civilians, and indeed Kyle. :D

Archived