Home

New animations POSSIBLE for jk2

Enjoi9187

Ok, on a thread by insane sith he was showing everyone this spider:

http://members.cox.net/quicksilverplaya/ketospiders.pk3

It was made by keto and if you look at it, it DEFINITLY looks like new animations, not just weighting tricks. So that means it IS possible right? for future models? This thread is just to let all modelers know that it is possible for future model reference (maybe like tabbards, or lekku)

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

you think its possible to change the running animation in the game. common, i don't think its a good idea running with your arms in a up and down motion with a saber on. you'll poke your eyes out!!! instead i suggest having one arm in the front and the other arm behind the back with the saber, saber pointing downwards. back slightly forward. you know like samurais in kung fu flix and japaneses anime. like in that game bushido blade. it just would make sense that way.

exactly i take sword fighting lessons and the handling is wrong on so many levels but lburna is right they need to hold it like the samurais. the best example would be the side hold and charge like you have your sword/saber and hold it with both hands but extend it out to the right and when you reach the enemy you make an upward slash.

actually, then that would mean that obi wan held it incorrectly all the time, because at the duel of the fates, when he is running to catch up with qui gon and and gets stuck behind the red laser, he runs just like in the game. And in the battle scene on ep 2, many jedi you can see run like that when they are charging. So basically, they wouldn't hold the saber like samaruis, because they werent trained like thtat exactly, they have the same principles which are to protect truth and justice throughout the galaxy, but the fighting style is much differnt than samaris(sp?). Also, when qui gon and obi run from the droidikas they hold it "incorrectly" also, so my point is, if you can flip around and swing a saber around your body without cutting ur head off, then im sure they can RUN like that without poking themselves in the eye :)

hehe, that was the first thing i notcied in the movies, thought it was a glitch, then if you look down teh strip while they are running, they leave a trail :). but that brings up the question, Why didnt obi-wan use force speed to catch up with qui gon while fighting maul 0_o?

maybe it was because going that fast makes you lose your composure, for example they could do it to excape because there was nothing in their path to run into, but when qui gon was fighting, he was watching the battle as he ran, not try8in gto escape, another thought is that maybe he was just too tired, i mean it took a lot of force and strength to pull up onto the ledge after being kicked down a level, jumping up, then jumping up to the highest level, perhaps he just didnt have enough stamina to run, because of that huge fight. With the droideka's they didnt even break a sweat, so it was easy to force speed outta there.

I always thought of the Jedi as a mixture of samurai, ninja and the musketeers. For example, the musketeers ran around France, helping defuse problems in the countryside and to protect the king and queen, the Jedi solve problems, keep the peace and defend the Republic... but that's just my interpretation of it. However, the samurai weren't so noble. The samurai were usually into raping and pillaging, but they kept fighting as the highest honorable mention, living and dying by the sword. The ninja always incorporated stealth, as the jedi do, however the ninja were engaging in stealth simply because it was easier to accomplish their missions, the jedi seem to do it because it's quicker than disrupting the local activity and harms less people.

But what do I know.. I'm just babbling on like this because I haven't slept in 2 days...

Archived