Home

how do you take a screenshot??

chuck6860

Welcome, gusto! I hope you enjoy your stay and please accept this complimentary Lucasforums welcome basket filled with numerous amounts of candy which you can snack on while browsing through our forums! :D :D :D

Firstly what you need to do is launch a map, with the devmap code - Go into your console (hit the Shift key and tilde key ~) type in /devmap "mapname" without the quotations. After you're ingame you can go into your console again and type "/cg_thirdperson 1" this will enable third person all the time. Then you proceed to different angles and such "/cg_thirdpersonangle 180" will give you a direct view on the models front, "/cg_thirdpersonrange 80" is the default distance the camera is situated. You can change these values to what you want, also note that there are other commands, if you want to see a list of them just type "/cg_thirdperson".

Taking a screenshot afterwards is rather simple. Go into your console again and type "/bind b screenshot" this will bind your "b" button to take a screenshot of whatever you're viewing when you hit that key.

Cheers ;)

Originally posted by AB_Legion

Welcome, gusto! I hope you enjoy your stay and please accept this complimentary Lucasforums welcome basket filled with numerous amounts of candy which you can snack on while browsing through our forums! :D :D :D

Firstly what you need to do is launch a map, with the devmap code - Go into your console (hit the Shift key and tilde key ~) type in /devmap "mapname" without the quotations. After you're ingame you can go into your console again and type "/cg_thirdperson 1" this will enable third person all the time. Then you proceed to different angles and such "/cg_thirdpersonangle 180" will give you a direct view on the models front, "/cg_thirdpersonrange 80" is the default distance the camera is situated. You can change these values to what you want, also note that there are other commands, if you want to see a list of them just type "/cg_thirdperson".

Taking a screenshot afterwards is rather simple. Go into your console again and type "/bind b screenshot" this will bind your "b" button to take a screenshot of whatever you're viewing when you hit that key.

Cheers ;)

I hate to be a pest about this but, when I launch the map, and I enter the /devmap "map name" all it does is give me a message that it can't find the map, then when I try to type in the /cg_thirdperson 1 it tells me that it is cheat protected, do I have to enable cheats for this? if so, what is that code? :confused:

here is how u activate cheats in multiplayer (not that i use them!:) just single player cheats) and a few cheats for ya, but i havent tried them so i dont know they work sorry, i just got them off jediknightii.net for ya!

devmap [mapname]To activate the cheats (Multiplayer)

HelpUsObi 1To activate the cheats (Single Player)

npc spawn [character]Will spawn a character of your choice.

Examples: npc spawn stormtrooper or npc spawn lando

npc kill all Kills all npcs on the level

setForceAll [1,2,3]Set all your force powers to the level you

want. Example: setForceAll 3

One impressive multiplayer cheat is the double-bladed light saber.

Here's how you activate it:

(1) Start a multiplayer game.

(2) Select your lightsaber, and turn it off while your still holding

it. (Press #1 two times.)

(3) Activate the console by pressing [sHIFT & ~]

(4) Type devmap [map name] - example: devmap ffa_yavin

(5) type /THEDESTROYER into the console.

I hate to be a pest about this but, when I launch the map, and I enter the /devmap "map name" all it does is give me a message that it can't find the map, then when I try to type in the /cg_thirdperson 1 it tells me that it is cheat protected, do I have to enable cheats for this? if so, what is that code?

The code is /devmap [map name] (example /devmap ffa_bespin), bespin streets will now be launched and cheats will be enabled.

Map names:

ffa_bespin

ffa_deathstar

ffa_imperial

ffa_ns_hideout

ffa_ns_streets

ffa_raven

ffa_yavin

ctf_bespin

ctf_imperial

ctf_ns_streets

ctf_yavin

duel_bay

duel_jedi

duel_pit

duel_carbon

You dont have to bind it to the ''b'' key, you can bind it to wathever key ya want.

Hoper this helps. ;)

SWEET!!! i'll definitely try it,

let me make sure i have it right,,

when i select the map, I load it, and at the force configure screen, hit the console and enter the devmap...etc.. ?

sometimes when i did that, it gave me the message can't find maps.bsp,,, what does that mean?

sometimes when i did that, it gave me the message can't find maps.bsp,,, what does that mean?

It means that the map you were trying to launch doesnt exist.

And btw there is an other way to see your mod, just download the jkII editing tools and open up your mod in modview.

You can download the JkII editing tools from here:

http://www.jediknightii.net/files/index.php?link=file&id=950

well, I was trying to get an in game screenshot of my skin, I can see him in the modview, but before submitting, i'd like to get some good screenies of him,

I tried following some of the instructions that i've been given but i guess i'm kinda unclear, I create the server, pick the map, and then when it comes up to where i can adjust my force powers is when I try to enter the dev/map all code, and it just says can't find maps bsp, when i try to do a certain map, say the map i'm in, bespin streets,,, it tells me the same thing, is this a glitch in the game or am i goofing up somewhere ?

I've some how managed to get screenies of my skin, accidentally, but i'd like to know for future skins,

Archived