Home

jan's vest

boredboy

make a .surf file with these lines:

code:--------------------------------------------------------------------------------surfOff "torso_vest hips_chaps torso_computer head_goggles torso_comp hips_belt"

surfOn "torso_augment_off hips_augment_off hips_torso_off"

that wasn't very clear, sorry:

surfOff "torso_vest hips_chaps torso_computer head_goggles torso_comp hips_belt"

put this in, for example, a .surf file named model_default.surf

a surf file is just a txt file which you rename.

but this didn't do everything it needed to do, i only got jan's orriginal torso, not the enw one i made.:(

Originally posted by boredboy

surfOff "torso_vest hips_chaps torso_computer head_goggles torso_comp hips_belt"

I used it just like there, only changed the surface names

and it worked with me... :snear:

Save the hassle and use Modview to generate the surf file;

Once the model is looking how you want him in Modview, go to the file menu, and select "Write Script". Click through the dialogue box so that model.mvs is saved in your skin's directory.

Next time you open modview to view this model don't open the model.glm file (as you'll get the old model), but open the model.mvs file, and all the correct surfaces will be on.

• 2 weeks later...

Well with the no draw command I finally got the vest and chaps off the model but no matter what I do the torso_augment_off, hips_augment_off, hips_torso_off, surfaces don't show up on the player model. They show in the cutscenes and if I spawn the player model...........any ideas?

Thanks

Archived