Home

Turning off parts of models.... again

Jah Warrior

Fellas,

I would seriously appreciate a bit of help with this often asked question.

Does anyone know of a definitive guide to turning off parts of models:- for example turning off the tunic part of the luke model or similar.

If you can explain the logic behind it then thats enough but I'm really struggling here so any help would be appreciated.

The exact name of the file i want to turn the hips part off is boots_hips.jpg as per the luke skin/model. however i want to keep the lower section (the shins).

you can't take the tunic off but you can take shoulder pads off by adding an _off to the name in the modle.skn i think i havn't done it in a while. but this won't make it work in mod veiw in mod veiw you go through the list on the left and find the parts and right click turn off... well i can't explain thing so yeah...

To turn off and on surfaces:

Create a .txt dokument (in the folder the model is in), rename it model_default.surf. Then open it up in notepade and write this for an example (this shows how to turn off the rodians vest and belt).

surfoff ''torso_vest hips_belt''

surfon ''torso_augment_off''

Now this will turn off the rodians vest and and belt off.

I didnt really understand what you meant with boots but I think I understod. You cant turn of the boots but keep the lover part.

Archived