Home

CHURCH

Guest Barnabas Antilies

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Jedi Kanigget

Acid, you still do not understand infinity. It doesn't end. No ending. There is no perspective on this point. It's what you learn the first day of geometry. A line has no beginning and no end, it goes on forever. It is infinite. A ray HAS a begining, but no end. It, too, is infinite. And contrary to Buzz Lightyear, there is nothing beyond infinity. Infinity is infinity, regardless if it has a beginning or not. It still goes forever, without an end.

------------------

SigFinII.jpg

Darth Wart's Strategy Guide in a friendly, easy to use form!(Sorry, that was bad.)

http://JediPowerBattlesGuide.homestead.com/JPB.html

Guest Darth skywalker

Looks like everyone here likes to go to church.I go i have to.

------------------

*Darth skywalker*

Dark sith lord of humor*

Member of the Un-council.

SWHDE12_bg.gif

Guest jedihorn1

Originally posted by Darth_Simpson:

I dont assume religious people are ignorant morons, I like a lot of people who believe in God. And science is based on facts, NOT myths like the Bible. Do you realise how much we know about the human body, or do you believe we are made out of clay? Maybe you should be a little more open-minded too. If you agree to that, so will I.

I said this before, but just in case it was missed: the Bible has been proven to be the most HISTORICAL Document ever. it is not just myths. Many archelogical findings have found evidence to Support the Bibles "stories and myths." Plus, if you wanna get scientific to prove the Bible: The Bible says we were created from the dust of the earth. You know what our skin is composed of: the same elemnts found in the dirt. That is right boys and girls, we are composed of the same materials as the dirt. That is a PROVEN SCIENTIFIC fact. And just food for thought, notice haow all the diffrent racial colors are the same as the colors found in diffrent types of Earth(brown, yellow, red, peach/tan)

-----------------Check out my site for SW news rumors, fan fiction and chat! <A HREF="http://jedihorn1.homestead.com/jedihorn1.html

There" TARGET=_blank>http://jedihorn1.homestead.com/jedihorn1.html

There</A> is no emotion, there is peace. There is no ignorance, only knowledge. There is no passion, there is serinity. There is no death, there is the Force. (GOD)-Jedi Code

[This message has been edited by jedihorn1 (edited May 04, 2000).]

[This message has been edited by jedihorn1 (edited May 07, 2000).]

Guest jedihorn1

Originally posted by Pizza the Hutt:

Open my eyes, then. Explain why the Noah story is lifted from similar stories from earlier cultures. Explain why you have a god who has a decided preference towards Westerners. Explain why he never bothered to grace Easterners with his almighty presence.

This debate will end like all of the other religious debates throughout history. In all other realms of society, something must be proven to be accepted as fact. In religion, one gets the luxury of hiding behind a book that was written 2,000+ years ago.

I understand why you don't want to question a religion you've always believed in. But blind faith in old stories is not the way the human race as progressed throughout history.

Hate ta tell ya bud, but God has NOt had a preference for the west. Isreal is in the EAST, and that is God's chosen people. Everything in the Bible took place there. Plus your argument on us baseing everything on a 2000 year old book is not sound. EVERYTHING you believe is based on books and such from just as old if not older books and studies. Did you think the stuff you study in school just popped up in the last 100 years. Of course not. It has its foundation built on things from thousands of years ago.

------------------

Check out my site for SW news rumors, fan fiction and chat! <A HREF="http://jedihorn1.homestead.com/jedihorn1.html

There</A> is no emotion, there is peace. There is no ignorance, only knowledge. There is no passion, there is serinity. There is no death, there is the Force. (GOD)-Jedi Code

Guest Darth_Simpson

There is no ending here, because you Christians can explain everything supposedly with the Bible. I cant accept that. I dont see the Bible as anythingmore than a fairytale!

------------------

Hunger leads to donuts...

Jedi.jpg

Guest jedihorn1

Originally posted by Acid_Rain327:

Ok, first of all, Darwin denounced his theories because he was persecuted for them, namely by very religious people.

As for the lack of continuity in the Bible:

First, show me a Dinosaur in the Bible.

Next, tell me how Lucifer, the archangel, was exiled when the Bible clearly states that no one who enters the gates of Heaven may be cast out.

Then, explain this to me:

First, there was Adam and Eve. Then Cain and Able. Cain killed Able and then travelled across the desert to find the bride - where the hell (pardon the odd use of the word hell in this type of arguement) did the bride come from?

The Bible, though is reknowned as historical, and DOES portray historical occurences, is full of inconsistantcies like the ones above.

No one take this as disrespect, but I was asked to display such inconsistantcies.

First of all, the Bible was ment as a guide in how to live, to give knowledge of God, and to show God's grace through salvation. it was never ment to have EVERYTHING spelled out for us. There are many things not mentioned in the Bible, because they would not serve the purpose God had for the Bible. it was just added informaion not pertinent to the subject. God knew we were not complete Idiots, He did give us a brain.

As for the descrepencies in the Bible:

I too asked the same questions. If you study Theology You will learn the answers to many of the questions. I will not try to explain this because i do not want to guide anyone in the wrong way, therefore if you want answers to these questions, check out

BASIC THEOLOGY by Charles C. Ryrie. Trust me, many of these so called contradictions are due to tranlation errors or misinterpretation of the passage itself by the reader.

-----------------Check out my site for SW news rumors, fan fiction and chat! <A HREF="http://jedihorn1.homestead.com/jedihorn1.html

Guest Pizza the Hutt

"Hate ta tell ya bud, but God has NOt had a preference for the west. Isreal is in the EAST, and that is God's chosen people."

I'm not talking geography. Israel is lumped in with western cultures. Eastern cultures are those in Japan, China, India, Mongolia, etc. But be that as it may, your god, as you've spelled out in this passage, is a racist. That means one of two things: either you are a racist because you believe without questioning, or you really don't believe afterall. Which is it?

"Everything in the Bible took place there. Plus your argument on us baseing everything on a 2000 year old book is not sound. EVERYTHING you believe is based on books and such from just as old if not older books and studies. Did you think the stuff you study in school just popped up in the last 100 years. Of course not. It has its foundation built on things from thousands of years ago."

Of course, your argument crumbles upon just a cursory examination of this segment. With time comes the ability to repeatedly test old information to ensure its integrity. It's constantly evolving and refining. Your information does not have that ability. It is written in the context of the (often erroneous) knowledge available 2,000 years ago, and as such should be taken with a large dose of salt.

[This message has been edited by Pizza the Hutt (edited May 04, 2000).]

Guest Jedi Kanigget

One: God isn't racist. He's not specific. Japan, China, Mongolia, etc., He's there for all of them. There are people in those countries that are Christians, but the vast majority of them are not. This does not mean that God is racist, or that he hasn't chosen to reveal Himself to them. He's already revealed Himself to all people, now it's just up to humans to see it.

Two: You do not have any proof that what is in the Bible is in anyway inaccurate. Where you there? Do you know someone who was? Do you have an actual verifiable historic document that proves what is in the Bible is inaccurate? I'm going to take a wild guess and say your answer is "no". What do you base this information on, then? I have no proof that the Bible is 100% accurate, that's where faith comes in. My question, are you getting your faith in YOUR beliefs confused with the truth of the matter? No one now knows for absolute certainty what happened then. No one alive today was alive back then and verifiable historic documents from that time period aren't exactly a dime a dozen.

The way the Bible is written is so the people of ANY time could understand it's meanining. That doesn't mean it's inaccurate, or "erroneous". Again, I have no proof the Bible is accurate, and you have no proof it's inaccurate. There is no way to prove some of the things recorded in the scriptures, at least, not with what we have now.

------------------

SigFinII.jpg

Darth Wart's Strategy Guide in a friendly, easy to use form!(Sorry, that was bad.)

Guest Pizza the Hutt

"One: God isn't racist. He's not specific. Japan, China, Mongolia, etc., He's there for all of them."

If, as you say, the Hebrew god favors those people, then he is by definition a racist. So either you're not informed of the definition of a racist or you didn't really mean what you said.

"Two: You do not have any proof that what is in the Bible is in anyway inaccurate. Where you there? Do you know someone who was?"

Funny. Those are my reasons for questioning your beliefs. Were *you* there to know that those things *did* happen? No, you weren't. There's no objective reason to think the Bible is correct and, say, Metamorphosis isn't.

"Do you have an actual verifiable historic document that proves what is in the Bible is inaccurate?"

Do you have any proof it is? No. But in the absence of proof, we are required to choose between blind faith and human logic. I choose logic.

"I'm going to take a wild guess and say your answer is "no". What do you base this information on, then? I have no proof that the Bible is 100% accurate, that's where faith comes in."

Why do you believe? Almost surely because that's how you grew up. But what if you were raised in a Hindu family? Odds are you wouldn't believe in Christianity. People believe what they are taught to believe. I call that blind faith.

"Again, I have no proof the Bible is accurate, and you have no proof it's inaccurate. There is no way to prove some of the things recorded in the scriptures, at least, not with what we have now."

I'm arguing that it isn't logical to accept the Bible at face value. Your own comments are the reasons why. You say there is no way to prove what the Bible says is accurate, yet you accept it at face value as gospel. The question is why? And I'm not looking for a "because I have faith" answer. *Why* do you have faith?

Guest liquidkid

back to the topic of mathmatics: which is longer, a line or a ray?

this is NOT a question of perspective. this is a question that has one answer: neither.

it's not something that is debated, it's something that is accepted. i learned that in 7th grade. of course, being interested 7th graders we asked "mr rollins, isnt a line longer because it goes in both directions and the ray only goes in one?" his response was "no, they are both infinite. so one cannot be longer than the other. the line may increase in length faster, but one INFINITE thing CANNOT be more or less than another INFINITE thing."

so, there you go.

i'd also like to add one thing to the discussion of religion.

pizza (and anyone else who might have made a similar comment): directly above you wrote something like "it comes to a decision of faith versus human logic. i'll take logic" one of the smartest men i've known, WHO IS A SCIENTIST, is also a priest. and he's also married and has kids. anyway, he said that there was no conflict between science and religion. that there were many things science couldnt explain. i'm not going to go into it all now though. but he was much more knowledgeable on both sides of the argument than any of us in here.

------------------

LiQUiDKiD

-UNcouncil Master of Insults, Supreme Chancelor's Hitman, All Around Bully.

P.L.U.R. <> J9K-4-LIFE <> JEDI-4-LIFE <> MCL

[This message has been edited by liquidkid (edited May 04, 2000).]

[This message has been edited by Kurgan (edited May 08, 2000).]

Guest Jedi Kanigget

Let me repeat, God favors no specific people, I believe that is what I said. I never said God favors any race of people. God "favors" the Hebrews in the old tetament because they were the ones who believed in Him. Why would He help the ones who didn't?

Human logic is definitely not infallable, and is often corrupted by human emotions, so saying you choose logic is not entirely accurate. Unless, of course, you are stoic. Otherwise your emotions will cloud your judgement on what is and is not logical. As I said before, the Bible is difficult to prove, some of it has been proven, but a lot of it seems impossible. That is where faith comes in, I have faith because I believe. People have free will. They do not have to believe what they are taught. How else would things advance? We'd still be chipping away at rocks to make weapons if people always stayed in the belief they were taught as a child. I have faith because I believe that the Bible is 100% true. I do not have faith because my parents tell me to, or anyone else for that matter. It's not blind faith, it's just faith. It is also entrely possible that if I was raised in a Hindu family that I could end up being Christian, people convert both ways all the time. You don't start out in a religion have to stick with it your entire life.

You argue that it isn't logical to accept the Bible at face value. Do you accept what you were taught in school and what you know now to be true? Have you gone through everything and proven that what they say is true IS true? Have you actually proven everything, I mean everything, you believe to be true to actually be true? I doubt it. Then what you believe, yet have not proven, is believed in with faith, faith in others, faith in what they claim to have proven, which is no different than my faith in God and His Word.

To ask a Christian why he or she has faith in God is similar to asking someone why they have think that the sturdy chair they are sitting on will continue to hold them and won't suddenly drop out from under them. You just do. I can't explain why I have faith, I just do. Someone else may be able to explain in words what faith is and how it is you have it. But what I can explain is, that I, with the help of the Holy Spirit, have faith in God.

"Here I stand."

------------------

SigFinII.jpg

Guest Jedi Kanigget

Originally posted by liquidkid:

back to the topic of mathmatics: which is longer, a line or a ray?

this is NOT a question of perspective. this is a question that has one answer: neither.

it's not something that is debated, it's something that is accepted. i learned that in 7th grade. of course, being interested 7th graders we asked "mr rollins, isnt a line longer because it goes in both directions and the ray only goes in one?" his response was "no, they are both infinite. so one cannot be longer than the other. the line may increase in length faster, but one INFINITE thing CANNOT be more or less than another INFINITE thing."

so, there you go.

Finally, someone else besides ShadeShifter who knows what infinity is.

------------------

SigFinII.jpg

[This message has been edited by Jedi Kanigget (edited May 04, 2000).]

Guest Pizza the Hutt

"Let me repeat, God favors no specific people, I believe that is what I said. I never said God favors any race of people."

You said the people of Israel were his chosen people. That's a form of racism.

God "favors" the Hebrews in the old tetament because they were the ones who believed in Him.

And how are you certain that the Hebrews weren't ignored by the "real" god, Ra? Or Buddha? Or Allah? Or Zeus?

"Human logic is definitely not infallable, and is often corrupted by human emotions, so saying you choose logic is not entirely accurate."

No, it *is* entirely accurate. If presented with a choice between blind faith and logic, I take logic.

"...some of it has been proven, but a lot of it seems impossible. That is where faith comes in, I have faith because I believe."

Isn't that the answer I didn't want? I need to know *why* you believe.

"People have free will. They do not have to believe what they are taught. How else would things advance? We'd still be chipping away at rocks to make weapons if people always stayed in the belief they were taught as a child."

And yet, you don't see a problem with the views expressed in the Bible remaining set in stone for eons. So you're in favor of the evolution of ideas so long as they don't conflict with what is said in the Bible. That's hypocritical.

"I have faith because I believe that the Bible is 100% true."

I counter by saying that people make this claim out of fear of the unknown. It is not human nature to blindly accept things that cannot be proven.

"I do not have faith because my parents tell me to, or anyone else for that matter. It's not blind faith, it's just faith. It is also entrely possible that if I was raised in a Hindu family that I could end up being Christian, people convert both ways all the time."

It's highly unlikely that you would be an Indian and a Christian. It's a numbers thing. If you were raised in a Hindu family in India, your entire perspective on the world would be different than it is now.

"You don't start out in a religion have to stick with it your entire life."

True, but you're pretending that your beliefs would carry over to this hypothetical new life. They wouldn't. You'd probably know very little about Christianity and almost surely wouldn't be a Christian.

"You argue that it isn't logical to accept the Bible at face value. Do you accept what you were taught in school and what you know now to be true?"

For instance...? Let's remember that Christianity really didn't develop into a full-fledged religion until several centuries after "Jesus'" time. It would be like somebody 500 years from now starting a cult religion centered around the Star Wars mythology. It gains steam, you persecute those that don't believe, and after 1,500 years or so, you've got a canon (the Star Wars stories) that "really happened" and are "100% accurate." To me, that's exactly what happened with Christianity.

"Have you gone through everything and proven that what they say is true IS true?"

I can pretty clearly demonstrate that walking on water is not possible. Let's go fishing and determine that parting the water isn't possible. Let's attempt to cure a blind person. We can quickly determine that these things are not possible. But when religious zealots are able to wholly defend their arguments by invoking characters with magical powers...well...it's nothing short of the greatest hoax in the history of mankind.

"Have you actually proven everything, I mean everything, you believe to be true to actually be true?"

Don't pretend that proving that Australia (a place I've never been to) exists in the same as proving that Moses parted the Red Sea.

"I doubt it. Then what you believe, yet have not proven, is believed in with faith, faith in others, faith in what they claim to have proven, which is no different than my faith in God and His Word."

Way different. Your have faith in things that have no means for testing and make absolutely no sense in the real world. No offense, but somebody believing that Star Wars is a historical story is more closely aligned to your view of biblical events than you'd probable care to realize.

"To ask a Christian why he or she has faith in God is similar to asking someone why they have think that the sturdy chair they are sitting on will continue to hold them and won't suddenly drop out from under them. You just do."

It's not at all the same. People have experience with chairs all of the time, and they almost never break. So you assume that the next one won't, either. That's experience, not faith. It is my theory that people have faith because they are afraid not to.

"I can't explain why I have faith, I just do. Someone else may be able to explain in words what faith is and how it is you have it. But what I can explain is, that I, with the help of the Holy Spirit, have faith in God."

Faith is the unquestioning belief that does not require proof or evidence. IMO, it's to satisfy those who are incapable or unwilling to think critically.

Guest Pizza the Hutt

"pizza (and anyone else who might have made a similar comment): directly above you wrote something like "it comes to a decision of faith versus human logic. i'll take logic" one of the smartest men i've known, WHO IS A SCIENTIST, is also a priest. and he's also married and has kids. anyway, he said that there was no conflict between science and religion. that there were many things science couldnt explain. i'm not going to go into it all now though. but he was much more knowledgeable on both sides of the argument than any of us in here."

If there's no conflict, then he better hurry up and file the patent for curing blindness, parting seas, walking on water, etc.

[This message has been edited by Pizza the Hutt (edited May 04, 2000).]

Guest Jedi Kanigget

Do you also believe faster than light travel is impossible? I'm not talking about impossible now I'm talking about impossible period. That's what most scientists are saying now. It hasn't been proven impossible. Neither has curing the blind or walking on water. Nothing in the Bible has EVER been proven to be impossible. You seem to dismiss things as impossible because science has not proven it yet.

"I counter by saying that people make this claim out of fear of the unknown. It is not human nature to blindly accept things that cannot be proven."

I counter this by saying that you do this as well. You believe in evolution(Evolution as in evolving from dino to bird, not the slight differences in the species such a a larger bill.), do you not? It has not been proven , yet you believe in it. I call that hypocracy. Can you prove human logic to be entirely accurate? I think not. So much for your statement that "It is not human nature to blindly accept things that cannot be proven." Human's are very much capable of mistakes, just because they use logic doesn't mean they're exempt from them. And it doesn't mean their logic is without flaws.

"It's highly unlikely that you would be an Indian and a Christian..."

Now THAT's racist.

Maybe I'm reading you wrong, but your writings on this seem to have some disgust for those who are religious. I don't have problems with people that aren't religious or Christian for that matter.

------------------

SigFinII.jpg

Guest Plo Koon

Woa. I just noticed that Pizza is getting hostile about religion. I think Pizza may be racist or prejudice. Although I shouldn't say that because now I am making myself prejudice.

You both have excellent points. I am a Christian and have faith, just as Kanigget does. Pizza, you seem that you are acting as if you are higher than Christians by the way you reply. I see your point though, but how can you believe that this world, this place we live on was just here.

Something had to make this planet. That is where God comes in. Since you are obviously Atheist, where do you go when you die? Christians go to heaven, never hell. You are not a Christian if you have gone to hell.

Keep this topic going. If possible, continue this in a new post, so people don't have to scroll through pages and the like.

------------------

plo_koon.jpg

Guest Jericho

See, the one problem with Catholicism and many other religions is that if you're not that religion you're damned. You can't be saved if you're not Catholic...or Budhist...or Muslim. If that were true...no one would ever get into heaven!

It's all the same thing. God, Allah, Budha...he's the same guy with different names. God has many religions to appeal to his many people. He appears in different ways to everyone.

And there is no conflict between science and religion. It's just different ways for God to show his wisdom to people. There are some who will believe on faith alone, and others who will seek out the truth themselves. Science helps us in that discovery.

Humans making scientific discoveries is just us finding out how God did it.

------------------

Jericho

Break the walls down.

Guest Pizza the Hutt

"It hasn't been proven impossible. Neither has curing the blind or walking on water. Nothing in the Bible has EVER been proven to be impossible."

So you think it's possible to walk on water, huh? Hey, I've got this bridge...

"I counter this by saying that you do this as well. You believe in evolution(Evolution as in evolving from dino to bird, not the slight differences in the species such a a larger bill.), do you not? It has not been proven , yet you believe in it."

Evolution *has* been proven. You've even accepted it in this snippet.

"'It's highly unlikely that you would be an Indian and a Christian...'

Now THAT's racist."

Huh? Do you even know what "racist" means? One wouldn't guess so from this tortured definition. It's a fact that it is statistically unlikely that someone would be both Indian and Christian. There's absolutely nothing racist about that.

"Maybe I'm reading you wrong, but your writings on this seem to have some disgust for those who are religious."

Disgust, no. Amusement, yes. (BTW, I never claimed that I'm not religious.)

"I don't have problems with people that aren't religious or Christian for that matter."

Your god does, though. And knowing that, you must chose between continued piety to a god that favors a group of people over another (racism) or having fundamental problems with people that aren't Christians. Claiming both is hypocritical.

Guest Pizza the Hutt

"Woa. I just noticed that Pizza is getting hostile about religion. I think Pizza may be racist or prejudice."

Based on what?

"Since you are obviously Atheist"

I'm not an Atheist. I think the world is too intricate to have arisen by happenstance. But that doesn't mean I'm going to buy into one of the most successful cult religions of all time. If you've ever studied Christianity's formative years, you'll know that it was one cult among many back in the Roman empire. There are some good lessons to be learned by reading the bible, but that doesn't mean we should view it as a historical account, which it almost certainly isn't. It should be read in the same context one reads Greek and Roman myths.

Guest Barnabas Antilies

The only way to God is through Jesus Christ. If you were to beleive God had different names than you would also have to beleive that he lies. Becasue there is no way to the Fater accept through the Son.

And as far as us christian using the bible to back up what we say it goes like this:

Let's say life is just braking rocks. Us christians use a hammer ( the Bible ).

And if you don't beleive in the Bible you are braking your rocks by slamming them onto bigger rocks. I,m not saying that we are smarter for using the hammer, all I am saying is that you can never understand how we brake rocks until you try the hammer.

And once at our first un-council BBQ. We painted a rock pink. Hannibal told him it was ham. Porkins ate it.

------------------

raist6.jpg

Father Barnabas Antilies, Supreme Chancelor

Guest Jedi Kanigget

Rac*ism-(ra-siz-em) n. a belief that race is the primary determant of human traits and capacities and that racial differences produce an inherent superiority of a particular race.

Pizza said this "It's highly unlikely that you would be an Indian and a Christian..."

Sounds like Pizza is saying that if you're Indian, you're more than likely not Christian BECAUSE you're Indian.

"Evolution *has* been proven. You've even accepted it in this snippet."

I only accepted variations in a species not evolution as science portrays it. Look around you, there are tall people, short people, fat people, skinny people, people with different color hair, with different color skin. This is "evolution" in it's literal sense. Science has taken that a step further. It claims that life originated from prehistoric chemicals that just happened to be the right ones to create life. That evolved into single cell organisms, then to more complex, and so on. Evolution of one spiecies to another is what I have a problem with, what I disagree with science on. THIS type of evolution HAS NOT been proven, only theorized. Check anywhere, it says EVOLUTIONARY THEORY, not LAW.

My point is that walking on water hasn't been proven impossible, therefore it shouldn't be considered impossible.

I've said this many times, God DOES NOT choose a particular race or creed of people. There are people from all walks of life that are Christian, he is not biased to what you look like or where you come from. The only thing he looks at is your faith in Him. Sola Fide--faith alone--

Let me clear one thing up. When I said I don't have a problem with those who do not believe in God is that I don't hate them, I don't let it get in my way. If they wish, I will talk about God with them, but I will not start it. Starting tends to turn people off. The "Hi, I'm saved, you're going to hell, let me help you." speech that some use doesn't exactly make people want to listen to you talk about God. I am not allowed to judge people(I do from time to time, I won't deny it, I can't deny it.) that's God's job. That is why "I don't have problems with people that aren't religious or Christian for that matter."

"Let the man who is without sin throw the first stone."

------------------

SigFinII.jpg

[This message has been edited by Jedi Kanigget (edited May 04, 2000).]

Guest Pizza the Hutt

"Rac*ism-(ra-siz-em) n. a belief that race is the primary determant of human traits and capacities and that racial differences produce an inherent superiority of a particular race.

Pizza said this "It's highly unlikely that you would be an Indian and a Christian..."

Sounds like Pizza is saying that if you're Indian, you're more than likely not Christian BECAUSE you're Indian."

A for effort, F for results. Had I said Indians couldn't or shouldn't be Christians, you'd have an argument. But pointing out that most Indians are not Christians is not racist...it's a fact.

"I only accepted variations in a species not evolution as science portrays it. Look around you, there are tall people, short people, fat people, skinny people, people with different color hair, with different color skin. This is "evolution" in it's literal sense."

No it's not. That's called "differences."

"Science has taken that a step further. It claims that life originated from prehistoric chemicals that just happened to be the right ones to create life. That evolved into single cell organisms, then to more complex, and so on. Evolution of one spiecies to another is what I have a problem with, what I disagree with science on."

According to you, then, all animals that are currently present on Earth have been from the time your god put them there. But we know that all large animals (chiefly dinosaurs) were killed off when a big ol' rock fell in near Cancun. So how is it that the years of darkness and lack of food supply killed off dinosaurs but not, say, elephants? And why do we have no fossil remains of humans dating back more than about 35,000 years ago? Even if you challenge the accuracy of carbon-14 dating, surely you'd admit that there's a little more at play then inaccuracies when the differences are off by hundreds of millions of years.

"My point is that walking on water hasn't been proven impossible, therefore it shouldn't be considered impossible."

That's about the dumbest thing you've said to this point. I guess I'll throw out pigs flying as something else that hasn't been proven impossible. By the way, you do know that it's impossible to prove that anything is impossible, right? It doesn't mean we cling to the hope of seeing someone walking on water or pigs flying.

"I've said this many times, God DOES NOT choose a particular race or creed of people."

You said he chose Hebrews. We did he ignore indiginous folks in Southeast Asia?

"There are people from all walks of life that are Christian, he is not biased to what you look like or where you come from. The only thing he looks at is your faith in Him. Sola Fide--faith alone--"

How do you know your religion is the right one? I mean, more than half of the world's population is *not* Christian. Are you claiming you know better than they do?

Guest DarthMace

<font color="red"> can't we save this stuff till sunday, the day of the lord and the day of rest

------------------

mace.jpg

DarthMace the evil twin of JediMace master of both the ligthtdagger and lightsaber

Dark lord of the Sith Order

[This message has been edited by DarthMace (edited May 04, 2000).]

Guest Verdl

I got through maybe 6 or 7 posts before deciding to write anything. Why this topic in the first place. On only my second post, I'll ask again why it's so hard to find topics about the game. Church or peoples beliefs have no place in a forum like this. Let's all try not to keep these things going.

Archived