$aseanimgrab_gla models/players/_humanoid/_humanoid.gla

$aseanimgrabfinalize

$aseanimconvertmdx_noask models/players/del_odan/root -makeskin -smooth

imageh3.jpg

what's wrong??

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ffs, i already told you how to set up the directories, why did you not listen to me?

just check your other thread and do exactly as i said.

also, in your preferences, as far as i know, the only important part is the location of carcass

k i moved everything into the a c:\base directory i created. I copied everything from the tools folder into this base folder. I moved my max scenes into the base folder as well. I opened max and opened my model file that was located in this base folder. I exported it as an xsi to the c:/base/models/players/del_odan/ folder. I then started assimilate and set up the preferences to point to this base folder and compiled. then i got a notepad file that popped up . . .

Model: "del_odan"

Sequence "_HUMANOID": ASE/XSI/GLA file not found: "models/players/_humanoid/_humanoid.gla"

(1 faults)

i do appreciate your help and patience by the way

thanks!!!!

im not sure but i believe your .car file is cant find the _humanoid.gla file since its in the wrong directory. as i recall the _humanoid.gla file needs to go under .../base/models/players/_humanoid/ so id move that there for starters cuz from the looks of your older pics your _humanoid.gla file is saved in del_odan folder.

k so i did this . . .

i have carcass and assimilate in the

c:/base folder

with all the other tools from the radiant install

I extracted the _humaniod.gla and animations.cfg to the

c:/base/models/players/_humaniod folder

here is my model.car file

$aseanimgrabinit

$aseanimgrab_gla models/players/_humanoid/_humanoid.gla

$aseanimgrabfinalize

$aseanimconvertmdx_noask models/players/del_odan/root -makeskin -smooth

here are my assimilate preferences

imageh4.jpg

I've tried putting the car file in

c:/base/models/players/_humaniod folder

c:/base folder

c:/base/models/players/del_odan folder

and opening each in assimilate to test and still get the bad humanoid error and the missing glm error in each instance. So i'm assuming for some reason assimilate can't find the _humanoid.gla file which it needs to compile the root.xsi into the glm.

just for fun I put the _humaniod.gla and animations.cfg files in the same three folders I put the car file just to see if it would make a difference but it did not.

and for more kiks i put assimilate in the three directories and changed the path in the car file to each of the three directories and methodically went through all the combinations of opening assimilate program from all 3 directories trying each of the three versions of the car file with the root.xsi, humaniod and animations files in each of the directories as well.

again i wicked appreciate the help; i owe ya big time. need any software? i have an ftp server, pm me.

ok well heres how it works for me again;

assimilate and carcass are in the c:/base folder

i load up assimilate, click Add File, select the _humanoid.gla found in the c:/base/models/players/_humanoid folder

i hit build and it asks where and what to save the .car file as, i save it in the c:/base/models/players/_humanoid folder as model.car

and i have my root.xsi model in the c:/base/models/players/_humanoid folder

and it all works fine

not sure if this helps, but basically copy base folder to C: drive, providing all tools are directly in base folder. run assimilate, edit >preferences direct all directorys to the c:\base folder

Enum file: c:/base/gamesource/anims.h

Compiler: c:/base/carcass.exe

BUT leave "Quake Dir:" blank.

now before you add the _humanoid.gla and press B to build etc. copy your root.xsi file in the _humanoid folder directory.

I'm assuming you're having trouble compiling, but I may be reading the problem wrong. Either way, it's worth adding to this thread :)

ya it won't compile, no glm is made.

k i started from scratch and dumped my base folder.

i copied the base folder to my c drive. and moved everything in the tools folder into the base folder

I extracted the humanoid.gla again to the humanoid directory

and re exported my character from max to the humanoid directory as root.xsi.

I set up the preferences in assimilate and chose add files c:/base/models/players/_humanoid/_humanoid.gla

and saved the model.car

and i got this

badhuman.GIF

and i pressed the b button and got this

badmodel.GIF

i'm running xp; is that a factor? also i double and tripple checked my character, tags caps weighting linking uvmap (as tga's) etc.

would someone be willing to take my root.xsi and give it a shot?

i really really really appreciate ya'll helping me out really :)

khewl thanks did that and still the same; in the tut it recommends that with things to look for and everything looks ok. i'm sure i'll get errors once the compile starts working. just gotta get there though thanks!

oh and i'll search for those carcass also maybe one of us will get lucky

yes in the addendum tut it explains a few things to look for to check the consistency of your model like if any sections are out of place or if any polys have black faces etc etc. It still doesn't mean you won't get errors during the compile but the problem here is that the compile doesn't even start.

Archived