Home

glowing limbs and wall damage

clu

hope these aren't too obvious questions:

question 1:

Anyone know what I need to modify to get rid of the glowing effect on detached limbs? I've already modified "caps.jpg" and "caps_glow.jpg" in "textures/common" but I would like to figure out a way to keep it from emitting light in-game.

question 2:

I'm trying to get rid of the saber wall damage (sparks and melting) that happens when you touch your saber to the wall. Anyone know where I can edit this?

Thanks much.

-clu

• 3 weeks later...

The glowing limbs...

The glowing at the end of pieces that are dismembered (head, torso, arms, legs, whatever) are controlled by a shader affecting the picture caps.tga (or jpg whichever it is). So If you want to change the way that glowing looks, simply copy the stormtrooper/caps.tga that is used by most of the skins into your models/players/blah directory, rename it, fix the .skin file, then apply a shader to it that does what you want it to.

I believe this would work without you having to alter the .efx files, but i haven't checked to be sure.

If you decide to do it this way, but have problems with the shaders, send me an email at

Azmo@omniclan.com

I'd be glad to give you any help you need.

Azmo[OmNi]

Archived