Home

Newbie needs expert advice...

creativeillustr

I'm a freelance illustrator and I'd like to create a game starring a few of my cartoon chararters, but there's one problem... I don't know a thing about programming.

Would anyone be kind enough to direct me to an easy program for game creation or at least to someone who's willing to program a game? Thanks.

It's an adventure game, or will be. I'll be able to handle all the graphics, animations, storyline, puzzles, comedy. Just need to find a way to get it all programmed in a game.

I got the idea from a friend, Jeff Paige ( creator of the online comic strip Moe & Ron, http://www.jeffpaige.com/ ). Thought it would be nice to do the same thing. Another way to get my work out there.

Besides, it's always been a dream of mine to create a video game that I'd love to play over and over again.

So any help would be much appreciated. Thanks.

My advice would be to write a rough storyline first, try to flesh out as much of the story as you can early on. My second piece of advice is try and get some people to help you. I'm trying to make an adventure game on my own and it's driving me nuts! :)

I already have a a few ideas for main plot that I want to use, but my mind is still open. The graphics, including the character animations, dialog, and backgrounds- I'd rather do myself to preserve the look and feel of the comic strip.

Puzzles, side quests, soundtrack, programming, and anything else I missed, I would be grateful for any help I can get.

Originally, I wanted to distribute the game for free, but as I look further into it, I might have to sell the game in order to get some professional help creating it. Split the profits.

I'm a very creative person, and everything should come easy exept for the programming. What I need to do right now is to either find a program that will allow a dummy (like me) program a game, or to find an expert that can handle it all on his own.

So if anyone here can lend a hand and email me directly at jerry@creativeillustration.net, I'd be a very happy man. Thanks.

Archived