Home

XWA compatability issues and fixes for Win XP Pro...

thebigdaddy812

Well,

If there is anybody here who needs help...it's me.

I have just bought XWA and I am running it on an ATHLON XP1900

with 768 megs of PC133 ram, 80 gig Maxtor and Win XP Pro w/SP1. The game seems to play pretty stable but for some reason

My main Menu screen (the one with the robot and all your trophies) and the hologram screens ( where the robot details your missions) are way off center on my monitor. Gameplay seems

centered up pretty good. I'm playing at 1024X768 with no ill effects...but it does'nt seem to matter what rez I setr it at THOSE

screns I mentioned are still wacky.

Any advice given would be appreciated, especially regarding any

tweaks for the O/S or the game specifically.

Thanks!

:wirehead:

Contrary to what some beings might say, you can never have too much memory or processor speed; I'll wager you anything that video games are only going to get more and more memory-intensive.

Originally posted by thebigdaddy812

The game seems to play pretty stable but for some reason

My main Menu screen (the one with the robot and all your trophies) and the hologram screens ( where the robot details your missions) are way off center on my monitor.

[miffed]

The robot has a name.

[/miffed]

As for your graphics prob. . . Have you tried tinkering with the in-game video options?

Originally posted by Flying Beastie

:wirehead:

Contrary to what some beings might say, you can never have too much memory or processor speed; I'll wager you anything that video games are only going to get more and more memory-intensive.

[miffed]

The robot has a name.

[/miffed]

As for your graphics prob. . . Have you tried tinkering with the in-game video options?

My apologies...the droid does have a name, But I haven't

played the game yet because I wanted to try to fix

things first.

Yeah I tried the in game settings but no help there.

The best way to get a stable computer system is to look at what the standard is for your processor then atleast double the ram and the video card. Belive me I have 2 PC's, one is a 1ghz, 256meg,32meg video card, and its pretty stable the other is a 1.1ghz, 128meg and a 8meg video card, and it crashes atleast 3 times a day, if i could afford it i would have a 128 meg vid card and 512 meg a ram (more ram if i didnt have windows ME (win 95-ME can only handle <512 meg of memory)).

Originally posted by thebigdaddy812

Yes I am.

It's a Gigabyte GA-7zxe with F8 bios.

what's wrong with that?

P.S. I still need help with my screen off center problem...

well, the ram is just so slow compared to everything else its sorta a waste......

Archived