Home

a highlander question for Kurgan

I know this has nothing to do with any star wars topic what-so-ever, but i'll ask any way.

Do you think Duncan MaCleod (not sure on the spelling)could beat Kurgan in a duel?

------------------

Kylilin, Jedi Master, and overall silly guy

Nice kylilin.jpg

Guest 84Elan

Mcloud uses a Japaness sword right? And Kurgan has a Midevil type sword. My money is on the Midevil sword I mean mass is better or no?

[This message has been edited by 84Elan (edited May 08, 2000).]

Guest Darth Killa

Samuri swords are mad to cut though other kinds of metal and are a whole lot lighter. Which also give McCloud the speed advantage. Therefore McCloud would kick Kurgens ass smile.gif.

Guest Kurgan

The thing about Kurgan is his speed and brute force kind of screws up anyone's technique. Duncan is all about style and grace. I think he'd have some trouble initially, but he could beat him.

Connor seems to be less of a swordsman "skill"-wise, than Duncan, but he's able to adapt quickly. Duncan knows his craft, but would have more trouble keeping up. He's eventually win though.

Kurgan

[This message has been edited by Kurgan (edited May 08, 2000).]

Guest Jericho

Considering that the timeline is all screwed up between the first film and the series...it's hard to say.

The first movie was supposed to be the end of the Gathering and show the final battles. Then they screwed up everything with the series, which was good, and the next two movies, which generally were subpar.

Anyway, based on the first movie timeline, I'd say Kurgan did defeat Duncan, only to get chopped up by Connor.

All other things notwithstanding, I could see Kurgan kicking Duncan's butt only to make a mistake and have Duncan's technique and skill win the battle.

------------------

Jericho

Break the walls down.

I totally agree Jericho they totally screwed up the highlander movies with part 2 and 3, they were terrible, especially part 2. But the series does save face for the Highlander name. I really enjoyed that show, I catch it every now and then on the sci-fi channel. But they ruined it again by making that Highlander: the Raven show, it was truly horrible. I wish they would make a Highlander movie with Duncan, regardless of the timeline.

------------------

Kylilin, Jedi Master, and overall silly guy

Nice kylilin.jpg

Archived